cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding container element error in Alertcategory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

after creating an Alert category in abap stack using Tcode ALRTCATDEF there we have option like proprites,changecontainer elements....when we click on changecontainer elements i gave below data ,

Name :BPM_ERROR_MSG

Short descreption :BPM_ERROR_MSG

when i click on confirm it is giveing me error message as

"Specify a structure and a datafield." my question is

1)why is it showing this prompt error message ?

2)is it asking for the Structure and datatype of the IR(design)

datatype

Regards,

Azeez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alerts with and without BPM are different and you need separate Alert Categories for each of these.

When you select Dynamic text in the Alert category, the Container tab will no longer be available in ALRTCATDEF for your Alet Category

Need not define the Container Elements here. Define them in the BPM and then use them in the BPM itself ( as shown in Michal's blog).

Refer

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

we are using BPM in our scenario as per ur

Need not define the Container Elements here. Define them in the BPM and then use them in the BPM itself

this means i need to define the datatype elements in the bpm container elments option as shown in the michael blog not in the abapstack alertcategory-->create container element->......right.

correct me if i am not wrong .

Regards,

Aziz khan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

In this give Container Variable and select third radio button option ABAP Dictionary Data Type

And provide the Values as per thid Help file. You will get success

And follow this WEBLOG to create Alerts in ABAP Stack of XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards

Seshagiri

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Feb 26, 2008 8:31 AM

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Feb 26, 2008 8:39 AM