cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I defined User status with object types WBS,Network Header & activity.My purpose is to stop Purchase requisition & PO before budgeting. I used same user for WBS & activity. But the changes as per requirement are getting reflected in WBS not in Network activities.

Pl suggest.

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained in the previous posting, you cannot achieve this using user status.

You can think of authorization object such as MRP controller at network header level, or some other object, by means of which you can prevent access to the nework to some users till you set the right MRP controller in the newtwork.

That is, if you are not using MRP controller at network level for any busuiness critical functions at this stage in project, and also if the project cretaor is different from the users who are functionally responsible for attaching material components in netwoks.

Muraleedharan.R

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To suppliment my earlier posting:

Please refer SAP Notes: 83311 (for WBS)& 52518 (for network) which explain in details the business transactions which can be controlled using user statuses .

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

Thnks for the reply.

The scenario is I want to restrict PO/PR generation so that without budgeting the commitments shuld not be created.

I created user status as PONL - PO not allowed & selected object types as WBS element & network. My purpose is when I make budget against the resp WBS,the PONL which I marked as Initial status shuld get Unticked automatically.This will help me to restrict PO/PR generation prior to budgeting.

I created the user status for network but it doesnt get deactivated after budgeting.

Pl suggest.

Rgds

abhishek_singh1
Explorer
0 Kudos

User statuses cannot be triggered by change of system status(in this case the setting of ststus BUDG-I0067).

You can achive what you require by creating validation rules, transaction OPSI, for your business process.

A validation exit can be written to compare the following parameters:

say if the exit is written for activities,

then in the exit check for values of BANFN, BNFPO in (saplcobo)afvg_bt[] and check if for

the activity's objnr, BUDG is present in (SAPLBSVA)JEST_BUF table.

If the status is not present for the activity, the validation exit should raise an appropriate error and this will prevent the user from saving the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user status will check business transactions:

RMBA -Creation PR im Materials Management

RMBE- Creation of PO in materials management.

Setting of above statuses cannot prevent addition of components in network, or consequent creation of PO/PR, or commitment generated from these.

Relevant SAP note NO:497090 is reproduced below:

Quote:

"Summary

Symptom

• Purchase requisitions are generated from networks/orders and then also the corresponding purchase orders, although the business transactions

RMBA = material purchase requisition

and

RMBE = material purchase order

are forbidden via a user-defined status.

• It is not possible to prevent the generation of commitments from material entries in the network.

Other terms

RMBA, RMBE, purchase requisition, purchase order, commitment

CN21, CN22, CJ2D, CJ20, CJ20N, CJ2B, structure overview, CJI5, CJ76,

Cost element reports, CJ62, GR55, hierarchy reports, CJE0

ME21, ME21N, ME51, ME51N

Reason and Prerequisites

The exact significance of business transactions RMBA and RMBE is not known.

Solution

The creation of a material entry in the network is seen as a part of the planning process and therefore must not be blocked.

Precise meaning:

RMBA = the manual creation of a purchase requisition for material from materials management

and

RMBE = The manual creation of a purchase order material from materials management

These business transactions are definitely not checked when a material entry is created in the network, even if a purchase requisition is also generated. Business transactions RMBA and RMBE are also not checked when a purchase order is created from a purchase requisition which is generated in this way.

Therefore, it is not possible to prevent the creation of a material entry in the network and the corresponding purchase requisition and the subsequent purchase order explicitly using a user-defined status in the network/ network activity.

This also means that it is not possible to prevent the generation of the respective commitment.

However, the creation of the purchase order can be checked via a corresponding release procedure in the materials management.

In contrast to this:

The generic materials management transactions check these business transactions for purchase requisitions created directly in materials management, and purchase orders or purchase orders that result from purchase requisitions created directly in materials management and, if necessary, send a corresponding error message.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 20.02.2002 11:16:04

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Consulting

Primary Component: PS-MAT-PRC Procurement

Secondary Components: PS-ST Structures

PS-ST-PLN Structure Planning

PS-IS-CON Responsibility Accounting

PS-IS-ACC-SUM Project Summarization

MM-PUR-GF-CO Commitment

CO-OM-OPA-C Budgeting