cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i hv created a billing doc in Vf01 with ref to a del doc and it got saved.

and i can c the acconting doc which has been generated in VF02.

i hv cancelled the same invoice in VF11 and when im trying to c the accounting doc in Vf02 system is throwing a msg like"The accounting doc has not yet been created".

can anyone please guide me to solve the above mentioned error and where we have to linking the billing doc ty(F2) to the accounting Doc ty(RV)

Rgds,

Raj..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashekar Reddy

You are correct. Go to VF02 and enter the invoice number which you cancelled. Now go to document flow and compare both the accounting documents for the original invoice and the cancelled invoice, and you will question will be answered.

Wherein, when an invoice is created obviously customer a/c will be debited and company a/c is credited right and you could see those values in the accounting doc.

For your cancelled when the invoice company a/c will be debited and customer a/c should be credited.

Go to VOFA and for your cancellation billing document type, make sure you have maintained the following

1) No tick - Posting Block

2) Tick - Statistics

3) Account determination procedure is maintained

Let me know if it solved

Please dont forget to reward points for contribution.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

my problem is not yet solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can you please eloborate what exactly are you needing?

Regards

Ravi

Can you please send me screen shots of your error at ravi.d.mansharamani@gmail.com

I am sure with the inputs i read in this thread, this problem should have been resolved by now.

I guess you must be missing out on some of the inputs mentioned in this thread.

1) Firstly make note of the original invoice that you cancelled. Enter that number in VF02 and go to document flow and check your accounting document against this original invoice. Here you will note that customer a/c is debited and company a/c is credited. Keep this session open.

2) Now go to VF02 and enter the invioce number of the cancelled document which you can find out from document flow. Now check the accounting document for the same, here you will see that the entries have been reversed. Now the customer a/c will be credited and company a/c will be debited.

Just ensure that when you cancel an invoice, the documents can still be viewed.

3) Now as per as your query where you seem to say that the accounting document is not generated for the cancelled invoice document. Go to VF02 enter cancelled invoice number and press green flag, this will manually hit the posting accnt.

Now you can view your accounting document if not determined from step 2.

Let us know what is the outcome.

Regards

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi D Mansharamani on Feb 26, 2008 11:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

In VF02 i gave the cancelled invoice number.when i am clicking the accounting tab in VF02 screen im getting the fallowing error"Accounting document has not yet created"

hope u r clear with my ques

Rgds,

Raj.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj

I think I have already requested you to check the following

1) Go to VOFA, select billing type "S1" and see whether "Posting Block" is selected. If so, you have to untick the same.

2) Go to OBA7, select Document type "S1" and see whether "G/L Account" is selected. If not, you have to select the same.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

As i said earlier go to VF02 and put your cancelled invoice number and now WITHOUT pressing "ENTER", click on the green flag.

It will manually post to accounting and acounting document will be created.

Please read carefully.

Now in VF02, go into your cancelled invoice and look at the accounting document.

Let us know. Please dont forget to reward points for contribution.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

in OBA7 the is no doc type S1

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajashekar

For information, this is (s1) a standard document type and I dont know how it is missing at your end. May be this could also be a reason for your problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, Rajashekar.

please try looking for billing type S1. i am sure it should be there. use VOFA to look for it.

i'm beginning to find this case very, very, very interesting.

regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jonathan & Others

Are you peopel able to see the document type "S1" in OBA7?? repeat in OBA7.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

even if you cancel an invoice using VF11, you should still see the invoice and the accounting document created. if you look at the document flow from either the sales order or the original invoice, you will see that an accounting document was created when the original billing was saved, and another accounting document when you cancelled it.

the message 'no accounting document created yet' most likely refers to a billing document that has not been released to accounting either because there was error in billing interface, error in account determination, or that the billing type was blocked (e.g. for credit memos). in the latter case, you can release the billing document to accounting after the error has been fixed, or when you manually release the document through VF02 or VFX3.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you deleted the billing document, the accounting document will not exist anymore. Furthermore you need to release the billing document in order to generate the accounting document. Hopes you get the picture right.

Thanks