cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI txt to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Guru's

I'm trying to use the J2SE plain adpater to recieve txt files from a directory and convert them to an xml message ..i configured the sender adapter which succefuly converts the file to xml(it says so in the logfile)but i cant seem to find where the converted xml files are stored and im also getting an error when the adapter tries to send the xml file to the integration server..two questions:

1. Is it obligatory for the plain adpater to send the xml messages to the integration engine??

2. If so do i need to configure a reciever adapter in order to extract those xml messages to a directory?? and if not how can i configure the sender adapter to put the xml files in a specified directory??

Note that i only want to convert txt to xml with no further processing or mapping....

Thanks alot in advance for youre help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasir,

>>>1. Is it obligatory for the plain adpater to send the xml messages to the integration engine??

yes

2. If so do i need to configure a reciever adapter in order to extract those xml messages to a directory?? and if not how can i configure the sender adapter to put the xml files in a specified directory??

if you want to see the file in some other directory you have to use receiver adapter

(receiver adapter sends messages from integration engine to the receiver system - directory for instance)

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)