cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not getting picked from the FTP site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having one File-XI-RFC scenario running in XI-PRD Server. Sometimes what happens is that files available in the FTP site are not getting picked by the File adapter. I have checked in the adapter monitoring and communication channel is active there. Also, there are no errors regarding this in SXMB_MONI. I have configured alerts also but for this case no alerts are getting trigerred. And also when I am reactivating that particular communication channel then that file is getting picked instantaneously.

Can anybody please guide me on what might be the real cause for this as this error is happening randomly.

regards,

N.Jain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thank you very much for your replies. I have checked on service.sap.com and has found some notes regarding this Note: 973405. We are now upgrading our SP level. I am hoping that this error will be resolved then.

Regards,

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly let me know if that works for you. (-:

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have seeen many times if the file adapter is idle for some time it will not pick up data forem the location even if file names are fine and location is fine...

you try to reactivate the adapter it will start working again...and will start picking the files..

since this is an production issue i assume

File Name is proper in the adapter and the source folder...mode is delete?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Yeah file name is correct and mode is set to delete only.

We are facing this problem randomly like files will be picked automatically for few days then suddenly one day the adapter stops picking the file:(

Any reasons??

Regards,

N.Jain

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we had this problem once where the FTP connection was broken and was back...this was very shorttime, we didn't notice as there was no data at that time to process and after FTP didnt pickup the data till we reactivated...

I am not sure this is the common problem or not but once the connection is re-established it should connect and pick the data....Is it working for you now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you used per File transfer parameter in FTP Communication channel.

It makes the FTP adapter inactive in ideal time.

So add the poll interval may be for every 30 mins or something like it. It will forcefully activate the FTP port after every 30 mins. You may have the poll interval for every 1 min. Only the files to be picked up are getting logged in in XI monitoring.

So there will be no garbage collection of unwanted messages in Monitoring.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, the file is getting picked when i am reactivating the adapter.

are there any tables available in which the status of the adapter is stored so that we can check from therewhat might be the error.

regards,

n.jain

Edited by: nishu jain on Feb 26, 2008 7:42 AM

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually in this particular problem the status of the adapter will be error free and active isn't? about the tables storing the CC details i am not sure...lets c if anyone gives information on the tables which stores the data on the tables