Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

I have this requirement wherein :

Q1) we have a sub table lets call it SUBTABLE01 with fields FIELD01,FIELD02.

Main Table field called MAINFLD01.

I want to write an assignment such that

if MAINFLD01's value is found in SUBTABLE01 ( in FIELD01 ),then pick the corresponding value of FIELD02 and populate it in a field in a Qualified Table QTABLE,field called QFLD01.

What is the best way to accomplish this ?

Q2) Also pls let me know if one can access the key mapping info thru assignments.

Pls provide me with any assignmet sample if possible for better understanding.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Unfortunately both these requirements are not possible from MDM assignment.

1] We cannot run assignment on Qualified tables as none of the "NO" qualifiers are accessible from Assignment.

2] Remote Key mapping is only available in syndicator. We cannot access this information from Assignment expression.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I think we are able to run an assignment on yes qualifiers.Correct me if I am Wrong.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Yes you can access "YES" qualifiers from assignment expression but you cannot run an assignment successfully because you wont be able to find which link of qualified table they are associated with.

Try running an assignment for a qualified table which has got more that one entry populated.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Amol....Both your requirements cannot be mapped with MDM Assignments. For your first requirement, you might have to use MDM API's to achieve the required functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can try

If ( MAINFLD01=FIELD01,QFLD01=FIELD02).

If it does not work then try this.

Make QFLD01 as a calculated field and in calculation expression write the above expression.

Hope this will help u.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

From the MAIN Table,assignment tab I cannot find the Qualified table fields.

I need to assign a value to a QUALIFIER=YES field in the qualified table.

obviously we wont want to write an assignment from the qualified table,assignment tab...in which case the assignment itself would not be visible from the MAIN table level.

Pls let me know.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have a field in main table which is lookup qualified to that qaulified table,then u will b able to see the qualified fields in assignment in main table.

Regards,

Dheeraj.