cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuning Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the purpose of tuning parameter EO_Inbound_to_Outbound. When we need to set this parameter..?

If i set this parameter to '1', how to find the difference in the message processing.?

I already saw in help.sap.com still i need some more details about this parameter..

Hoping for the good reply

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This parameter allows you to handle the queues Problem

It is very important to avoid the blocked Queues, because it will block the flow of the remaining messages.

This paramter EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND helps you with that Leave the parameter EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND at its default value of 1 so that a message is processed by XBTI* and XBTO* queues. At runtime this means that the message

changes the queue after the branch / before the message mapping step. Since blocked queues almost always occur in one of the steps that are handled by the outbound queues, this will keep the inbound queues (XBTI*) running smoothly.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nissar and Sunil,

In help it is mentioned " message is not placed in the outbound queue as usual; instead the message is processed and sent entirely in the inbound queue" How to check message got processed in the inbound queue,,?

Regards

Prakash

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This values identifes which queues it should use for processing...if value is 0 then it is not branched and processed by inbound processing, if value 1 will put into specical outbound queue...

now to check how they got processed use the usual Tcodes smq1 and Smq2 to check this happens at the runtime so i am not sure can we c any log here about the processing in queue details...but i think only queue tcodes should help us in checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND, you can specify the TUNING category so that a message is not placed in the outbound queue as usual; instead the message is processed and sent entirely in the inbound queue.

Refer the configuration parameter for it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/28/68073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

How to check message got processed in the inbound queue,,?

You can refer SMQ1 SMQ2 and ragister in SMQR

I think you could monitor it in SXMB_MONI provided you have set the Trace level properly i.e. 1 in SXMB_ADM --> Integration Engine ---> Specific configuration --> Trace and Log have to set current value as 1.

Set EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND=1 if

- outbound calls take too long (as this blocks processing queues)

- receiver is not fast enough (also prevents receiver overload)

- expensive CBR (content based routing) is used (reason: if an error occurs the whole pipeline must be re-processed)

Set EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND=0 if

- only IDoc/Rfc outbound adapters are used (as tRfc layer is fast and can handle quotas)

- receiver is fast and can’t get overloaded

- no expensive CBR (content based routing) is used

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Feb 26, 2008 6:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Nisar..

please chek blog for details :

/people/sunil.ojha5/blog/2008/02/20/rfc-quota-part-3

reward if helpfull.

sunil