cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment cost estimate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to get the shipment cost estimate for a particular shipment?? In our scenario shipment costing is done based on the shipment type(i.e., truck type) and distance(its per KM rate based on the truck size). Distance is known only transporter generates the freight bill. Is there way to have the shipment cost estimate based on the shipment type and distance you provide in the Shipment header. It shudnt hit any of the GL accounts, just for for statistical purpose to have an estimmate on the total shipment cost...

Rgds ,

Pavan P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Yes it is possible to have a Shipment Cost estimate at the time of Sales Order creation. This is only an estimate which gives you a rough idea of how much the Shipment Cost works out (In Sales Order, Extras --> Shipment Cost Information). You need to attach a Shipment Cost Information profile to the Sales Order type. For further information, checkout in SPRO, Logistics Execution --> Transportation --> Shipment Costs --> Define Profiles for Shipment Cost information.

Regards

Ramana ND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot...

Is there a way we can have the estimate of shipment cost at shipment document level as it wud be more apt??

Rgds,

Pavan P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

When the Shipment Cost estimation is done at Sales Order level, it runs in a simulation mode where it simulates the creation of Shipment Cost document (VI01). You can also have the simulation in Shipment transaction, VT01N by clicking on the 'Simulation' icon. I dont remember the details off-hand as I worked on this more than a year ago.

Explore and you can find out.

Regards

Ramana ND

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have created a vendor for transport. i transport the goods to customer.

i have do shipment cost .but it is not allow to do shipment cost .pls tell me flow of transportation.

how i do .pls give me solution.

with regards

dinesh

my mail id -dinesh.zone@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pvan,

You can get the simulation of the shipping cost at order level with out hitting the G/L account.Based on this you can select cheaper one.

Shipment Cost Information in the Order

As the shipment costs can make up a large proportion of the total cost of a product it is important and therefore recommended that you have a rough idea of the shipment costs when the order is created. As in normal situations no deliveries, shipments or shipment cost documents exist at this point, simulated versions of these can be "created" in the background to enable you to calculate shipment costs on the basis of these documents.

This means that you can estimate shipment costs. When you make the appropriate setting it is also possible to implement several calculations at the same time, in order, for example, to determine whether transport by lorry or by train would be cheaper or how much more it would cost to send by express delivery rather than by standard transport.

Integration

Shipment cost information is called up in SD order processing but uses the transportation and shipment cost processing functions.

Prerequisites

Shipment cost information in the order can only be used if the control parameters and master data for transportation and shipment cost processing have been maintained.

Features

To calculate shipment costs in the order you can define profiles for shipment cost information. The profile for shipment cost information contains default values for shipment cost information in the order, for example, the transportation planning point, transportation type and the shipment pricing procedure. The profile for shipment cost information is assigned to a sales document type (when defining the sales document types in Customizing for Sales and Distribution). If you do not want to carry out comparisons between the calculation methods, but just want to receive an estimated value for the shipment costs, then use the details from the profile for shipment cost information (transportation planning point, transport type, pricing procedure) and the data from the order (forwarding agent, route) for calculating shipment costs and the related simulated creation of transports.

-->If you do not assign a profile to the sales document type, you can also enter the transportation planning point, shipment type and service agent in the order.

To carry out a comparison of different calculation methods, you can assign one or more shipment planning profiles to a profile for shipment cost information. This planning profile is used to create shipments in collective processing, in order to store specific selection variants and data, which should always be used, in the memory. A planning profile determines how deliveries should be put together with shipments and which data should be put in the shipment documents. You can assign various planning profiles to the profile for shipment cost information, in order, for example, to compare whether it is cheaper to transport by train or by lorry. It is also possible to assign a planning profile for creating transportation chains.

If you begin the calculation of shipment costs in the sales document, the data that is used to simulate the putting together of the two types of transportation, is the data which is saved in the order and in the shipment costs profile, which is assigned to the corresponding sales document type. If the planning profile is assigned to the shipment cost type, this data is also used for the parallel calculation of shipment costs, so that it is possible to compare different transportation options.

Calling up Shipment Cost Information in the Order

Procedure

Choose Logistics ® Sales and distribution ® Sales.

Choose Order ® Create.

Enter all the data from your order and save the document.

Call up the document again by choosing Order ® Change.

In the order, choose Details ® Shipment cost information.

You reach the screen where the planning profiles are listed. In the first line, you always have the planning profile . In this line you see the default values from the shipment cost profile that is assigned to the respective sales document type.

If you have not assigned a shipment cost profile to the sales document type, now enter the missing data for Transportation planning point, shipment type, and service provider.

If you have assigned a shipment cost profile to the sales document type, and there are shipment planning profiles assigned to this shipment cost profile, then the system will list all the shipment planning profiles that are assigned to the shipment cost profile.

Choose Execute.

Result

In the column Net value, you see the values calculated by the system. If several planning profiles are assigned, you can have the system make comparisons. In the log, you can display the details of the simulated shipments. If you have problems with the calculations, you can check the reasons listed on the log.

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.