cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test documentation using Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How would I go about documenting testing undertaken on a customized program.

For example, if I wanted a tester to test program Z_PROGRAM using solution manager, can this be done with just using Service Desk or Issue Management (without utilising Change Request Management)? How do I go about documenting the testing result?

I have tried using the STWB_2 test workbench however I'm finding it too cumbersome setting up Projects and Business Scenarios for a straightforward change.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, recently even I had configured the test management scenario.So , if I add the tcode for creating materials(MM01N) manually in transaction tab, then how will a tester do the testing in his work list in tcode stwb_work.

As you would be knowing, a tester logs in solman with his id, in tcode stwb_work, a work list is displayed. So how would he proceed with his testing.Iam not aware of this as Iam a Basis person.Is there any icon or tab reflecting the execute button for running tcodes MM01N manually.

FYI , Iam not configuring for Ecatt test scripts but manually adding transactions.There is automatic testing tab having execute button in tcode stwb_work( I think its for ecatt test case)

Regards

Imaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakhar, I've created an implementation project and maintenance project using solar_project_admin, however, when I go into solar02 and click on the test cases tab, the following message appears:

"Structuring nodes do not contain transactions, configuration objects, development objects or test cases"

Is there a step which I need to carry out to facilitate this option to be available? how can I go about adding a simple test plan into this scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

For adding scenarios,

Goto solar01 here on the left side select business scenario leaf node and right side under structure tab press F4.

you get the list of all the process directly from BPR or stand repository.

Secondly for adding manualy you can directly write any process name and click save button after adding transactions under transaction tab

now

when you go to solar02 you get the list.

Remember by manually adding transactions don't come.

PLEASE REWARD POINTS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

If you are talking about stwb_2 or tester workbench it is dependent upon solar02 structure(blueprint struture of your project).

But as you said you are not interested then simply you can use service desk and the test results can be uploaded to documentation tab of transaction data of service desk message.

Very wel can generate reports for ur service desk dep upon status values using CRM_DNO_MONITOR

Please reward points if it helps.