cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing with Dot matrix printer - URGENT!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are printing cheques using dot matrix printer.

The page format used in SAP scripts is DINA4, where as the actual page fed to the printer is slightly smaller in size, which measures 18 x 28 CM. (Excluding the paper grip, if included size is 20 x 28 CM )

Our problem here is while printing continuous cheques, Im getting spaces after every page. By this if my spool has 10 cheques to print, then after printing the 1st cheque, the 2nd cheque starts printing leaving 3-4 lines, and the 3rd cheque starts printing leaving 6-8 lines. The space is getting on increasing.

Kindly suggest what needs to be done, or how to solve this problem and please treat this as URGENT.

Regards,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

my suggestion would be to have a page format whose size is equal to the paper size,if required try creating custom page format.

Reward if u find it useful

Regards

SapSurfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think page formats have to be created by basis people right? Or if that is created by Technical people, how do we do that??

As there is no page format which suits our requirement we need to create a custom one only.

Regards,

Narendra.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved, using new page formats and Basis settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

In the SPAD transaction give the output device name ,e.g. LOCL

Click the display button,

Now select Goto ==> Techical View

Now double click on the Device type

Now Click on the Formats button

Here u can check whether the page format you created is added to the printer or not .

But adding a page format to a printer will be done only by the BASIS.

Reward if u find it useful.

Sapsurfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I think U will not have the access to change anything in SPAD , hence ask help from your leads who might be having access, generally few onsite folks only will have the access.

I think your problem is solved

close the thread by rewarding points

Regards

Sapsurfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I did manage to change the SPAD settings, but once Im running the transaction i encountered the error.

The problem is quite open right, once it is closed I shall def reward points

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Dotmatrix, I think the page which we use is not DINA4. try usig INCH11 and let me know the results.

Regards,

Lijo Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Yeah, as you say the page size is not A4 what we use in a dot matrix printer, so I created a new page format as per my page size and gave it to the script. But while running the transaction Im getting an error as mentioned in my previous post.

Error msg:

Device type JPSAPWIN does not support page format ZCHECK. (JPSAPWIN is my output device, and ZCHECK is my page format as per the desired size)

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Have you assigned your page format to your sap script and also have you defined a format and device type format for the new page format?

you will have to do all these steps for succesfully getting the desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I was trying out other options, I need to assign my page format to the printer and then test that.

I have assigned the new page format to my script.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Bringing it to the top!!

Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Follow this link [https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=9148110&messageID=4576618]

If u search the forum with text " Creating page layout" u will find the way to create it .This question have been raised many a times:)

Do not forget to reward points

Regards

Sapsurfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried doing this:

SPAD(Tcode)>Full Administration (Tab)>Device types (Tab)>Page Formats (Pushbutton)>select any page>change mode>give the dimensions of the new page

When saving Im getting a message:

Invalid call sequence for interfaces when recording changes and then action cancelled.

Guess this needs to be done by Basis team right?

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried doing the above process and assigned a new page format.

But when running the script now with the new page format, i got this error:

Device type JPSAPWIN does not support page format ZCHECK. (zcheck is my new page format)

Any suggestions regarding this...

Regards,

Narendra.