Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Maximum records limitation (10,000) for a BO

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a Mobile application MAM.

In this application one of the BO needs data of more than 14,000 records as of now and may further increase but the data structure is quite , we came to know that the BO can hold only (10,000) records.

Is there a way to increase this limitation or any other solution, if so please tell me the procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Sai k. K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With enough detailed help from Oliver we have solved the issue.

Well as Oliver stated the sync was always an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

keep the following in mind: ALWAYS LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF DATA ON THE DEVICE!

Ok, once we have that, ask yourself if it is really necessary to handle that amount of data on the device itself. Usually it is not necessary! On the middleware you can handle more data then that in a single SyncBO instance. On the device: what are you using? On a PDA it will not be possible at all to handle that amount of data. On a Laptop with a database it will be highly possible that you can handle that amount of data - but be aware that the sync will take forever with that amount of data involved. And as I said in the beginning: it is in 99% of the cases not necessary to have that amount of data on the device. MAM has several other ways to work with only actual data on the device.

Usually the customer has the need to create a notification for any functional location available for example. So he says: I need ALL functional locations on the device. But MAM can create a notification for a functional location on the device, even if that functional location is not on the device. So there is no need to have that funct loc on the device AND if you need it to work on an order, it will come down automatically.

So the real question is: how can you limit the amount of data on the device?

On the other hand: sync times increase drastically the moredata you have on the device.

Regard,s

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver:

Could tell how to selectively delete the unnecessary data from PDA? Thanks!

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Yes we are working on application for PDA, I vote to your explanation but but the requirement here depends like this.

Client have a custom development which we need to replicate in MAM for which we need this data to complete the process.

So we created an BO with structure of only 4 fields which holds this data, in the development stage we are tyring to evaluate how many records can be held in PDA such that we will change the back end code to send limited data.

Regards,

Sai krishna. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, the selection variants you define in SPRO limit the amount of data already on the middleware. And on the device you should have only data you need to work with.

For example the Functional locations on the device are triggerend by an order or a notification. If you have all Functional locations on the device - well, then check SPRO. I think you have switched on Additional Master Data download - and that is really something that will kill your device usually if it is a PDA:

Rest is done in SPRO - usually that is enough.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I see what you are writing - but I think it is a little bit to much data for custom dev on a PDA.

Well, ok, the problem will be more likely the memory of the PDA as such. I have seen the note talking about the 10.000 Items per BO - but thisis more then a warning in my understanding, cause I am pretty sure I had more then 10.000 Instances of a single BO on my device. If I understand it correctly, the items of a BO should be limited - not the number or instances of a BO.

Anyway: this amount of data on a PDA - test it carefully - cause this is the thing I am more concerned about. I had a similar problem at my last project and I simply stored the data for that part outside MI. Not nice, I know, but I simply was not able to store 30.000 items with just 5 properties of a few chars inside MI

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

My scenario is very much similar to this.

Can you please explain how could you manage to get records more than 10k, in our scenario we need to hold 73k of records.

The use of data is qute simple but required.

if we can change some config in SPRO can u breif the steps to do so ....

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna. k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I think that kills every PDA! there is a customer dealing with a hughe amount of data on a Laptop - but on a mobile device......

Do a simple test: create the dataset in SQL server, link a SQL Server Mobile DB to it and store that on a mobile device. Soon you see that it is impossible to handle that amount of data on the device aven with 128 MB memory.

If it is ok for you you can try to run MI form an SD card in the PDA - there is a note available how to do that - but be aware of some performance issues then.

At the end: this is so much data that you really need to test it carefully and the limitations of MI are much lower - at least it is tested with not so muc h data.

AND: I would look if it is not a better option to store the data in another way in that case....

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

Try with Default values in your Sync BO.

Goto Txcode MEREP_SBUILDER and then give the default value may be it may solve your problem

Regards

Nalini

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nalini,

In Merep_sbuilder we defaulted the BO value to 80,000 expecting 73,000 records to be downloaded.

We replicated and distributed the BO, but still the syncronization is being complete with no data for this BO.

Is there some thing extra we should do which we are missing ...?

Regards,

Sai Krishna. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konchada,

you get no data at all down to the device? If the limit would be your issue, I would expect an error message..... So in that case - have you checked the implementation, is the data in 207 and is the sync getting this info really as data to send. Check MEREP_MON in the O-Waiting how much data is prepared for the download.

Is there a difference if you only replicate 7000 items?

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply.

After completion of replication we found the whole data(more than 1 lac records) then we performed distributor there was no data in MEREP_207 and also no downloaded in table MEREP_10700. This is for a particular user who is having 70k+ records. If it is in case of 4k+ records we got all the records downloaded to MEREP_207 & MEREP_10700 and also we found the exact data in PDA also.

We have tried with default value as '80000' using the Tx code MEREP_SBUILDER. but it hasn't downloaded the whole data.

Now my doubt is this for which purpose this default value has been used ???

1) either for replicating the whole data or

2)for distributing the whole data???

3) or to download the whole to PDA.

While Synchronising we found in O- Waiting more than 100 and in the similar way we found more than 9 waiting for the list J

The following is the error we got while synchronising from the Client

[20080303 15:53:34:859] E [MI/Sync ] Received exception info code 10 and detailed message "Exception while callSync: Time limit exceeded."

[20080303 15:53:34:859] E [MI/Sync ] Execption info code 10 --> Received undefinied error code.

[20080304 06:28:22:515] E [AppLog/MI/API/Services ] java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.sap.ip.me.api.services.MEResourceBundle

java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.sap.ip.me.api.services.MEResourceBundle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check out the Mass Data check box in the tx code MEREP_SBUILDER. By selecting that option the whole will be downloaded at a time.

Check this link on more details on Mass data selection

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6742

Regards

Nalini

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nalini

Thanks for the reply. Here I'm having more than 80000 records so keeping in this view can u explain me clearly how can i download that much data to my client.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

you talk about 80000 records to download to a PDA - have you checked the amount of data for that? How much is it and how to you want to handle it? Are you using DB2e or fileIO?

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Earlier we checked this data in files where for 4,300 records its 1.4 mb so for 80,000 records it comes @ 21 MB. we thested this on laptop client.

So we need this on PDA with DB2E., right now we are testing with 80k records but we may come upto 40k records only.

Regards,

Sai krishna. k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, and now it gets more clear. There is a technical problem. Hae you checked the MassData Replication as mentioned earlier? The problem: first of all you need one of the latest patches of MI, then you need DB2e and finally we need to download this amount of data in chunks - if we can do it at all - which I do not know at the end.

You say you tested it on Laptop and it was ok there? So there should be no programm error/problem in MI.

You issue is the following: we are on a PDA: A PDA can handle 32MB of data per process - NOT MORE! Even if you have a 128 or perhaps a 256MB device - 32MB per process is max! Good, we have this in mind - Creme runs and MI is based on Creme. So creme defines the process (4MB), MI is ronning on it (8MB), the APP is running on top (3MB) - the first 15MB are gone, without downloading any dataset. So there are about 17MB left for downloading data, processing XML streams, putting it into the persistence..... You see, it is not possible to download 42MB of data in one chunk while having only 17MB available. And: these are figures from my head - I know the correct measurement on the real values showed me have about 10MB for data download only. So that is the reason for DB2e (cause it runs in another process) and furthermore you need to split the data at download time to get only chunks of data. Then it could work - I do not say it really does (cause 42MB is absolutely to much for a PDA and I still think you could live with less data) but with these things in mind you could give it a try.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Oliver