cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with "Deadlock" problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,everybody

I have created a dc in SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and checked it in , activated it and released it. Then my workmate checked the dc out in his machine to do some change. Before he has not checked in the dc, I checked the dc out myself in my machine. Then the problem happened, my workmate's checked out dc has lost some files, which I have checked out. But after I checked in the files, I could not activated the activity.I do not know what to do now. Would you please help me?Thank you!

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Window->Show View->Design Time Repository->Integration Conflicts.

This view will show your conflicts and you can resolve it from here.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Ayyapparaj

I have checked the view "Integration Conflicts", but I have not found anything in it. I think maybe my problem is not a conflict problem. From what I described above , may I ask you which the problem is and how I can solve it. Thank you!

Best Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your last ckeck in and activation was successfull and your colleague havent checked in .

easiest way to get to the last source of yours in get the dc synced from the active track and then start integrating changes your colleague have made.

If your transport is done , then cons track would be the best place to get the last activated source of yours.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have solved this problem. Just goto "http://server:port/devinf/main", find the corresponding activity, and activate it. Then my colleague's and my activities are activated. Thank you all the same!

Best Regards

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Daniel-

Here is what you could do:

1. Your colleague should copy all the source code from his DC to another folder (create a backup).

2. Your colleague should then Revert all his changes.

3. You should then be able to check in your code.

4. Check out the DC again, and merge the changes made by your colleague (using his backup).

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Atul

It is my appreciate. But now, our circumstances is a little different. Both of us have checked in the dc, but without activating the activity. So we can not revert our activities. Is there still anything else to solve the problem?

Best Regards

Daniel

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Daniel-

Try this:

1. Check out the DC again.

2a. Re-do your and your colleague's changes

or

2b. Sync to a date - to a date before the conflict.

3. Check in.

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Sync to your active DC instead of inactive DC. Check out the DC and make your and your colleague's changes and then check in and activate the DC.

Regards,

Murtuza