cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Can any one explain me what does supply categories mean and their significance in CTM.

Thanks,

Mukta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukta,

Lets be clear with first of all "Categorization profile" field in "Supply categorization" tab of CTM;then the supply categories concept will automatically be cleared out.

We can create Categorization profile procedure in two ways.(transaction code /CTMSCPR)

(a)Categorization using ATP categories:

Here you assign existing ATP categories or Category groups to stock categories of the CTM planning.In the search strategy ,you assign a sequence in which the system is to consume the receipts and stocks of the various stock categories.For example ,you want the system to consume all fixed orders(eg. category 1) prior to the planned orders(eg. Category 2)

In the ATP category give your supply category which you created by /SUPCAT and fill the categories you need.

(b)Categorization using stock limits:

Here you define various intervals for the stock and receipt quantity of a location product using stock limits.You can define several intervals and assign a different stock category to each interval.In the search strategy you can exclude a stock category,that is,the system may not consume the quantity defined over for the stock category.

In the "supply limit" give your supply limit group which you created by /CTM02 ,supply category defined by /SUPCAT and put the lower/upper limit to define the interval.

I hope it may clear you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kroshant,

Your way of explanation was really good as most of my doubts are been cleared. I have a request for you, if you can explain both using ATP categories as well as the supply limit concept with an example (using some arbitary values) then that would be of great help for me.

Thanks,

Mukta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen this work...

Supply categorization can be used to "keep" stock at one particular location before producing additional supply.

But I have not seen it work for CTM to search multiple locations before producing. CTM is priority based. So it will search in location A which has highest priority then it will decide whether to produce addition product or not based upon supply categorization at location A. It will NOT search for inventory at location B before deciding whether to produce product at A?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ken.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The functionality is useful when you want excess stock in the network to be consumed before loading a resource in the network further. Imagine two locations that source a product from a central location. One location has excess supply and the other has excess demand. Supply Categorization can help categorize excess stock to be the first source of supply in the network, and hence can to an extent can do a level of optimization. You would typically create supply categories and priortize them in terms of order of consumption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your efforts Srinivas but i am still not satisfied. Can you explain me with an example.

Thanks,

Mayur