cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP7.00 installation fails - SECINSTTOOLS.SAR return code -1073740825.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I encounter error during EP7.00 installation on i5 V5R4M5. Sapinst.log indicates the install stops after it tries to unpack SECINSTTOOLS.SAR (switch -x -v -g -i -f) to the location of the Master Installation DVD (i.e. ..\D51032260\IM_OS400_PPC64\COMMON\INSTALL\)

Log shows:

- finished with return code -1073740825

- The step unpcackSECINSTTOOLS with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_GetUserParameter|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetMasterPassword|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|unpcackSECINSTTOOLS was executed with status ERROR .

Tried:

- Manually unpack the SECINSTTOOLS.SAR to the destination folder then retry the installation. Installation stops with the same error as it deletes the files that were unpack along with the \usr\sap\SAPinst\NW04S\SYSTEM\DB4\CENTRAL\AS\installsec folder. Then recreate the folder and proceed with unpacking SECINSTTOOLS.SAR again.

- De-install TMKSVR > Patch Master Install with ISERPACK8 > Start installation from the beginning. Stop with the same error.

Any suggestions on how to overtime this error?

Much thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wi Tanto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue resolved.

Stopped installation. Installed 5722SS1 option 33. Installation continued from where it failed when restarted.

Regards,

Wi