cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPEVT from external box

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to call sapevt from a non-sap server. Any ideas on how to do this without getting an error about not having security to the kernel folder?

Thanks,

-- Jackie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I use this command:

sapserver\sapmnt\DEV\sys\exe\run\sapevt Z_EVENT -t pf=
sapserver\sapmnt\DEV\sys\profile\DEV_DVEBMGS00_SAPSERVER nr=00

this works like a charm, just supply read-only access. if you do not want to provide access, copy the kernel files and file DEV_DVEBMGS00_SAPSERVER on your other server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Your technique will only work if the external server is also a windows box which is not always the case !

What is nice with the SAPEVT is that it exists for a lot of different operating systems.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right, Olivier. She posted on the Windows forum.. so, I expect she uses Windows across the board.

anyways, if she uses a sapevt program made for her OS and copies the instance profile locally, it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

I thought about this precision because, in my company, we are a full windows shop for SAP systems but nearly all other systems are Unix based.

So we use SAPEVT on different Unix flavours to "wake up" SAP on windows.

It's very useful for file interfaces instead of polling directories.

Best Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't really understand your question but I can tell you that we are runnign SAP R/3 4.7 on Windows 2003 and that we run SAP jobs which are triggered by SAPEVT running on AIX external non SAP systems. Works great !

Regards,

Olivier