cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have difference in UOM in for materials between R/3 and Planning area. We use CT in planning area where as we have M in material master. We don't want to change the Planning area UOM settings as there are many more materials that we are having in CT. BUt the transfer to R/3 is failing even though we maintain the conversion in material master and CIF over to APO.

How can we convert the CT to M when we transfer data to R/3?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You would have to work APO CIF related inbound user exit. APOCF005 enhancement. You can influence the way the UoM field in Product Master gets updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Isn't APOCF005 only when the material is coming into APO from R/3 and not backwards?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually the orders moving back from APO to R/3 should be moving in base unit of measure of the material. Base UoM gets CIFed from R/3 to APO. As long as you maintain UoM conversions from base UoM to planning area UoM in the material master, this should work. So using the APO inbound enhancement I mentioned, you can ensure that the product master captures the conversion parameters from base to planning area UoM.

I would advise maintaining the design discussed above, instead of forcing product master to have base UoM same as planning area UoM, which i think is the solution you have. In this case you would need to manage many R/3 inbound enhancements (you can check in SMOD transaction by search term CIF*)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you can modify base unit of measure while you CIF the data from R/3 to APO in case of any transaction data.

I think as Kris has already refered you should maintain one UOM for the planning Area and maintain the conversion from Base unit to Planning area UOM in the product Master Data (Unit Of Measurement) tab.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Answers (0)