cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change error message from german language to english?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I got a requirement where in which I have two views.....

Its a bespoke webdynpro application done by someone in my organisation........There is a date field which is set to default value"01/09/2007".

If the user wants to change the date they can change it according to their need........But if they give wrong date format......they will get error message as "Please, give the value in the form 25/11/1987"........but now they are getting the message in german language.......how to change this to english..........Please help in regards......

Only the message is in German Language other text are in english.............

I have seen the code in NWDs no where its hard coded?what will be the root cause for this problem...........

Higher points will be rewarded for the useful inputs.........

Thanks in Advance,

Dharani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramasamy_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you checked in your system. Were you getting the same error message in German? If this problem is very specific to the user, then it could be something to do with the IE setting.

Tools -> Internet options->Languages make sure that they have selected english and defaulted to the top.

you can get the error message in german if you delete your language setting english and added Germany.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

These validation messages are stored in resource bundles of the Java Dictionary runtime. Please search the forum to find out how to provide these messages in other languages. They should automatically appear in the locale of the application session.

Armin