cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Table UI Element - Force Footer visible to false

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to force the footer visible property to false, despite the total number of visible row and total number of data available? The reason I want to do this is because I want to create my own paginator (by page, not by row in standard SAP).

Also, I was looking at this help page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/23/5e9041d3c72e7be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

However, I found out that many of the Table UI Element properties described here is not available in NWDS 2004s (I am using SPS 09 and also tried on SPS 14). Anyone knows why ?

Is there any other way to change the pagination from Row to Page ?

Thanks,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well i understood your problem, but it cant addressed with the existing functionality.

You need to do it by yourself. First you need to make the visibility of the footer to NONE. Then add UI elements like label for displaying page numbers, inputField and buttons with text "<"(previous) and ">" (next) as text just like a normal footer.

Now on action of these buttons you have to manipulate the things. Suppose you have 5 rows as 1 page. So if the visibleRowCount property of your table gives you 5 then you can display the label as page1. Dont forget to map an integer attribute to your visibleRowCount so that it will be easier to manipulate. On click of next set the label as Page2 and set firstVisibleRow property of your table to 6 ie to display the next set of 5 records in the next page. now your visibleRowCount will be 10 ie you can check for multiples of 5.

Is this the thing you want? Just give a try.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your answer. I have prototyped my custom component for pagination using page (instead of row) already. My only issue is to hide that footer. If data is larger than the number of visible row, no matter what, the footer will always visible.

Thanks,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by chnaging the Visisble Row Count Property of the Table value to "-1" instead any value like 5/10/.....

If you use -1 as the Visible Row Count, it will not show you any Row Counts in your Table (FOOTER Will be Invisible). It will display all the Rows at a time. Then You can implement the Pagination .....

Hope this can solve your problem....

Thanks,

Jay Pal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a property called "footerVisible" for a table. Make it false.

what do you mean by pagination from row to page?

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for you answer, but it did not address my issue. I explain clearly the issue on my previous post on the condition to make the footer invisible.

Instead of showing Row 1 of ... I want to show Page 1 of ...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then just use your custom ui component to involve row size and so on, since you can create custom pageindicator, something like row size or current row should not be some problem.

footer of table should be a non-seperatable unit. no need to try in this way.

Best Regards,

William