Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Certificate

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can the SSL certificate for ABAP be purchased from verisign or does it have to be purchases from SAP, at http://service.sap.com/tcs?

Thanks, Neeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

We have purchased an SSL certificate from Thawte. I am trying to import the certificate Respose in ABAP SSL server (tcode=strustsso2) and get the following error message:

CA certificate missing in database

Message no. TRUST057

Diagnosis

The certificate response can only be processed if the certificate of the CA is stored in the database.

Procedure

Store the CA certificate in the database.

Any ideas? I am on ECC5.0. Please hlep!

Thanks, Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you can use a server certificate you have to have the certificate of the Certificate Authority (CA) that signed the server cert stored in the database.

Thwate should have send you their CA cert with you signed server certificate.

You can import the Thwate CA certificate with transaction strustsso2.

Click on Import Certificate and load the CA cert.

Then click on Export Certificate and click on tab Database.

Choose a name for Trust center, choose Root CA for Category, enter a description and save.

After this you should be able to load the server certificate response.

Thanks,

Dieter

neeta_patel2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the information. When I try to Export Certificate and click on tab Database, the Trust center selected is "THAWTE", Category "Root CA" and a Description. When I hit Enter, I get the following error message:

Choose the key from the allowed namespace

Details:

Choose the key from the allowed namespace

Message no. SV019

Diagnosis

You have attempted to create an entry and have used a key which is not in your namespace.

This can cause problems in later upgrades because the entry could be overwritten by an import, or overwrite an existing entry.

Procedure

Check your entry and try to enter a key value from your namespace.

You can display the namespace definition with RDDKOR54.

If you must use the key entered, document your change so that it can be repeated after an upgrade or release change if necessary. If you put the data in a change request, you can export it before an upgrade or release change, and import it again afterwards.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Neeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can purchased SSL certificate for ABAP from verisign.

http://www.verisign.com/ssl/index.html

Probably you could go for DigiCert also.

Refer

http://www.digicert.com/ssl-certificate.htm

I am not aware with the link that you have provided from SAP service market. Probably you could request for more detail information about it from SAP itself.

Check with SAP Note Number 695674

how to configure verisign certifc iate in visual admin

/thread/387795 [original link is broken]

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can take it from Verisign. In india we have Safescrypt,TCS which provides the SSL certificate.

Thnx

Chirag.