cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying software applications

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

We are being told that to deploy a custom application we need to use a tool such as Tivoli. Is this true for 7.0 and not 7.1? ; We are currently going to go ramp-up on 7.1. I thought you would create a software package upload it to the DOE and then deploy it via the NWA. Is this incorrect?

Is Tivoli needed in either scenario? We were told that Tivoli is needed to roll out the application to the mobile barcode/RFID devices (we are using an occasionally connected scenario).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, for 7.1 I am not 100% sure - but well, just the logical way: why should this be true?????

Ok, SAP delivers a complete suite with MI. All you need are MI transactions and tools to get an application down to the device and run it there - as long as we talk about a custom MI application.

It is true, we CAN use other tools, like the Microsoft System Management Server with its Mobile Connection Kit to roll out and handle devices (or the Tivoli tool as well) but at the end it is ok to use SAP MI and its NWA / DOE tools.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the initial installation of a software package, you have to have the Creme installed right? You then run the setup package. But there isn't anyway except to do it manually to install the initial software package (and creme), right? Once the mobile client is installed I believe you can push out application updates based upon the user. Are these assumpions correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

this is correct, but you can put these files on to a CF card, make this card AUTOSTART and so whenever you insert htis card into a device, it will automatically start the two files (MI and CREME) and install them.

And if you have to do that for always the same landscape, build your own CAB file for MI and have all the properties already included.

This at the end will give you an easy instalation process.

More simple: yes, then you need an external tool I think - but do you have SMS server already for the internal PCs? Then you can use this as well for PDAs and install Creme and MI with that.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)