Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error applying xMII 12 sp2

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have SAP xMII 12.0.0 and trying to apply the SP2 using SDM. Following error occurred during this process ...

Reason: Application alias [XMIIVirtual] for application [sap.com/xappsxmiiear] already exists in the HTTP Provider Service. The application that holds this alias is [sap.com/XMIIEnterpriseApplication].;

Thanks in advance,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You will need to undeploy your older version first. This should not remove any content from the database.

Regards,

Jamie

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Hope you are doing good in PA

Thanks for the quick reply.

Only concern is do we need to configure the db, SAP configurations, etc. again? we already have a lot of existing configurations.

And also does it automatically find the existing configurations in the db, after the deployment of 12.0.2?

Do we have some note or document for this?

Thanks,

Ajay.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good and you?

The configuration all exists in the database. Undeploying the application will not remove any of this, so no reconfiguration will be necessary. I don't think there is a note or documentation specific to 12.

Jamie

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamie, As usual I am good ....

I will ask the team to take backup of their work before we undeploy the current version ..

I will close this thread once we deploy 12.0.2.

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jamie,

12.0.2 is deployed after undeploying the existing 12.0.0.

Now we have problems accessing the pages, workbench, etc.

The homepage doesnt have any menu, etc...

The Menu.jsp opens up but it doesnt show most of the options, say for ex. in the data server, it shows only the connections no data servers, sap servers, etc..

when i try to open the workbench.jsp or databuffer.jsp .. it say that you donot have permission/roles ... few of the pages work and few of them not.

are the users and roles different from 12.0.0 to 12.0.2?

Thanks,

Ajay

Answers (0)