cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the largest integer value you can store in MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per our business process we have our Global Material Number (Auto ID field) that we would like to be a 12 digit number. I tried accomplishing this by creating a new field "Global Material Number 2" that simply adds 100000000000 to the Global Material Number auto ID field. Upon testing this I did not receive the number I wanted. Upon reading the SAP Library - MDM Data Manager Reference Guide Part 1, I believe it is saying that the type integer field is 4 bits. So does this mean that the largest integer MDM will support is 4,294,967,296? The guide mentions a field type Real8 which is 8bits but I don't see this as an option for field type in MDM Console (I am running version 5.5 SP5).

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

The Real8 type of a datatype is the CURRENCY type, which you can find in the Console.

For your scenario, you require a field which can store 12 digits.

You can use a field of type CURRENCY. It is a Real8 type of a field.

For the symbol, if you do not require, leave it as blank in Console.

*Please give points if you find this answer helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that and it still does not seem to be working.

Global ID (auto ID) = 214

Global Number (Global ID field + 100000000000) = 1,215,752,406

The Global Number should be 100000000214. Are the additional 4 bits only used for digits to the right of the decimal place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

I havent tried your exact scenario. But if you have a field of type CURRENCY, then in DATA MANAGER try making the value for that field as 12 digits( without the decimals). It will accept that.

Hope it helps..

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that and yes in Data Manager you can key 12 digits into a type currency field and it will save the information. However when using a type currency field as a calculated field, it seems to revert back to 4 bytes and does not accurately calculate the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Just a workaround..

Try using Assigments in Data Manager instead of Calculated Expressions.

And check whether it is working...

Hope it helps

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'm just going to use a text field and concatenate a 1 and necessary amount of 0's to the beginning of the field. This appears to have solved my problem. I didn't test to see if assignments would allow type currency to work correctly, but assignments wouldn't work for me in this case as there is no way to force assignments to run automatically without some sort of workflow. Thanks for your help! Points assigned.

Answers (0)