cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC Java fails to restart instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in AIX/NW04s SP12 for ABAP and SP13 for JAVA and I want to use Java SAP MMC in order to centralize the administration of all my instances.

My problem is I'm not able to start or stop my instances using this tool, even if I entered the sidadm and its password successfully.

I read OSS notes regarding SAP MMC (1014480, 1140980, 927637) and I could change the file /etc/pam.conf by adding the following line :

sapstartsrv auth required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix

Also, in start profile files (ABAP + JAVA), I added the following lines :

sapstartsrv/protectedwebmethods = Start Stop RestartInstance Shutdown StartSystem StopSystem RestartSystem StopService J2EEControlProcess SendSignal OSExecute J2EEEnableDbgSession J2EEDisableDbgSession SetProcessParameter EnqRemoveLocks GetInstanceProperties

Then I restarted my instances (ABAP + JAVA), but I had again the same issue. I don't know what to do.

Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Zwinch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It's hard to diagnose if you don't show any trace files.

You need to check the instance logs in WORK directory.

regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

I didn't find any log regarding my issue in work directory. But while I try to restart the instance using SAP MMC, a popup appears to enter login information. I enter sidadm/password but it doesn't work. Here the log that SAP MMC displays even if my login information are right :

com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation$AuthorizationException: Login Information Needed!

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:48)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:546)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.internalLoop(DataLoader.java:506)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.run(DataLoader.java:561)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regards,

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When login into a machine remotely, you need to know where to login. Under windows this means you have to use the domain name also in the form domain/user. I'm not enough a unix expert to know what it needs, but that surely is the direction.

Regards,

Benny

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Are you getting user/password failed message ?

Normally for windows, we are logon with domain/user

If you got time, review the note

#1014480 SAP Management Console (SAP MC)

cheers,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

I had already read this OSS note, made some modifications to pam file but it didn't help me. We are in AIX so we cannot use the authentication Domain/user.

It seems that the applet doesn't take into account what I enter in authentication popup. Maybe there is a link to make somewhere...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

was there a solution to this ??

I have the exactly the same problem..

The SAP MC appears to be ignoring anything I type into to user and pasword fields.. not making any attempt to connect to the sidadm user and forcing me to have 3 unfruitful attempts each time...

I have downloaded and applied the very latest MC from SAP 7.1 unicode 64 bit path 8 from sept 2009.

former_member325409
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

check the /var/log/messages of your target for the failed login.

Probably the security configuration does not allow the login.

Check note 927637 and the linked notes for your OS.

Example for Linux SLES 10: note 958253 gives information on PAM configuration on SLES 10:

[...]

sapstartsrv file within directory /etc/pam. d has to be created and has to contain the following lines:

#%PAM-1.0

auth requisite pam_unix_auth.so nullok

[...]

Regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i had the same or a similar problem. My first fault was to install SLES 11 including PAM with standard encryption method blowfish.I fixed this according to SAP Note 171356: I set the standard password encryption mode to md5 and i also regenerated all passwords (e.g. passwd <SID>adm).

I also read in /var/log/messages and saw that obviously the file was ignored.

So the following action was my solution:

I set the file sapstartsrv readable for all (wasn't set initially by OS). After this the whole login information written in /var/log/messages looked totally different and voila i could successfully start my sapserver using java mmc from different host.

I hope this was helpfull.

Best regards,

Chris