cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP: Macro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I am designing a macro, and I have a (X quantity) keyfigure which needs to be divided by a Nav. attribute of 0MATERIAL, How do I call that Nav. attribute value from the macro to perform calculation.

Thank you for your response.

Sadat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to explore a user-exit macro for this one. The logic to convert characters to numbers etc may be a feature in 5.0 that I may not be aware of. Regardless, the best approach is a user-exit macro for this requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadat,

I know that it was not possible to call out an attribute value in a macro in APO 4.1 (e.g. DET_LEVEL( 'nav_att' ) = 1, or IOBJNM_VALUE( 'nav_att' ; 'red' )). This is mostly due to a navigational attribute really being a "pointer" to a regular characteristic value

This might be possible in SCM 5.0, but I have never tested this particular functionality in an SCM 5.0 system.

A user exit macro would probably be your best bet.

Sean Mawhorter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sean/ Srinvas:

Thank you both for your input, infact I am working on SCM 5.0 and my solution lies in having a custom function module to call the Nav. attribute (characteristic) in the macro for the required calculation.

Thanks

Sadat