Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PDF and Save in User's desktop

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am creating a WebDynpro application which pull data from the Backend RFC. I am showing the results in table format plus textviews. My user's need print functionality for the report.

I am aware that there is no default feature in NW04 for printing. So I have planned to create a PDF using itext. My problem is, I want users to save the report in their desktop, instead of saving the file in the server path. Could you please help me, how could I solve it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are usinf file download ui element set the behaviour property to "allowSave".

Regards,

Sudhir

Saravanan_SD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Is the property behaviour for download UI available in NW04?

I would like to create a pdf report (table and Textview contents in WD view) and download the same (both actions) on clicking the download UI. Is it possible/feasible?

Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check this link :

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/04/enhancing-tables-in-webdynpro-java-150-custom-built-table-utilities

(or )

2) You are bringing data from back end , saving on client machine , then you are printing , isn't ?

Can you use Adobe Interactive forms, which gives facility to display backend data with save, print options ,

And directly print , no need to convert the data to pdf in your code.

Thanks ,

Srini