cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default value for MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Is it possible to add a default value to a master inspection characteristic inside an inspection plan? I would use it for cases where the value is in 99% of the cases the same. This would save some time for the business...

Example: one of the possible things to examine is whether or not a certain test was fulfilled. The default value would be "YES", but it is possible that this test is not done and then the user could manually change this into "NO"

I really don't know if it is possible (in standard SAP or not), but it would really help me.

Thanks for replying,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. That's not available.

You can set a default value on the general characteristic that is on a batch record. So if a test is rarely run, you can default a value onto the batch record. For instance you might have a test for CU that is only done once in while. You set this type of test on an extra operation.. text is usually something like "Other tests" or "Optional tests", etc...

If the test is actually run, the result is copied to the batch. If its not run, then you have the general characteristic default to <=10 PPM. Or whatever you want.

If your always running the test, then no.. you can't default in a value for a required test in the inspecton lot. I am sure however some wizard programmer did this at some point in time. But it would be customization, not standard SAP. Also, this wouldn't pass mustard in the pharma world.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I hope you are copying it from class cheractristics, hence in the clsss char make it as default and try