cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Currencies in a project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My current project has transactions in several currencies.

Both controlling area & transaction currencies would be Euro.

How can I maintain records in US dollars, UK pounds and Swiss francs. ( I would like to understand the whole scenario both from FI & PS perspective).

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Project is managed in 3 different currencies - Controlling area currency, transaction currency (currency in which various transactions are performed and the object (project) currency. You can opt for different object currency for different WBS elements provided you have a single company code in the controlling area. If you have different company codes, object currency is automatically derived from the local currency of the respective company code.

Hope this answers your question.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

You mean each WBS can have its own Object currency. Then how would it appear in reports, say CJI5, CJI3. Will we get the costs both in transaction & Object currencies? where should we maintain the exchange rates for Transaction-Object currencies??

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The currency translations are maintained in OB08 transaction for different validity dates and different excahnge rate types.

Hope this clarifies..

Raghu Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello KsapApsP,

SAP maintains all its currency exchange in the table TCURR.

In reports, you have the option of changing the values to any currency.

Behind the screen, all the values in the project will be stored as Controlling area Currency only.

For Transaction currency and object currency there will be some rounding off problem in the report because SAP will translate all the currency to controlling area currency and back to Transaction and object currency.

Cheers

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasan

Amruta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasan,

I do have similar situation and need reports in multi currencies. In PS only line item reports have the multi currency reporting and all others are by default in Co currency.

How can I change the setting for CNS41 report to have switch over between the 3 currencies? Any help...

Thanks

Raghu Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu Kumar and other PS experts in the forum,

I am also facing an issue with reporting currencies in our PS global implementation. Our controlling area currency is Euro and there are multiple project currencies like INR, USD, CNY and a few more. There is a requirement to view report CNS41 in project currency instead of in controlling area currency.

I checked the transactions like RPC0 and RPP0 for changing user settings ( they work only for some cost element reports) but still CNS41 report values are not changed with these settings.

Appreciate if any one could suggest a standard solution for this issue ( not so keen on customized reports ).

Thanks in advance.

PS_Student.

mauro_morabito
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing the same problem on PS reporting currencies different from the controlling area one.

Since the last posting is dated March 2008, Have you been able to solve this issue in the meantime?

Regards

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reports are configured for all three currencies.

I will revert to you regarding exchange rate config.

Muraleedharan.R