cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable OVS input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is there a way to disable the OVS input in order to force the user to select his option from the available options in the OVS?

I need to do this in order to skip the validations in my form.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

make your action non validating.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj,

Could you be a little more specific?

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your issue is related with messages poping when you enter values which are not part of the ovs , make your action that triggers a round trip as nonvalidating..

So that the framework will not make this checks.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if we are on the same page, what I need to do is disable the input in order to force the user to use the value help, I mean I don’t want to allowed them to write in the input, instead I want the to use the possible values in the pop up.

I need to do this because I use the OVS as input inside a Form, and I want to skip the validations of that field, and I think that the only way that I could do this is disable the OVS and only enable it when the user hits th F4 or the button. It would be appreciated If anyone else could give me an idea.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Edited by: Orlando Covault on Feb 25, 2008 3:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

How did you solve this.?

Many Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

There is no need to disable the OVS because the return element of your RFC will bring all the validations for your entries.

Regards,

Orlando Covault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

I need to disable it because the user might just enter and value in the input field and submit the form without even invoking the ovs popup.

This might require heavy validations on submit.I totally want to avoid it and force the user to use the ovs popup before submitting.

Is their any way you could acheive this.

Many Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I had the same issue but let me tell you that you not need to disable the OVS because you need to tell to your abaper that make you a return element in your output. This element will bring all the validations to your input in case that the user submit an invalid value.

Regards,

Orlando Covault