cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer my model from one server to the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to transfer my model from one server to the other. I have expoted and then imported also. But the system which i have created in old server not yet imported. So, I have created the same system again in new server. But, the data services used on the storyboard are not working. What shall I do? I am unable to define the service also. While testing that data service its giving the portal request failed error. How to get that output again?

I am having a doubt: In VC,we are just dragging and droping the BAPI.If I am making some changes in Bapi then those changes are not visible in our model. Whether we have to drag the BAPIs again on story board? And If we are changing some properties in system then also we have to drag the bapis again on story board? Whether is it the limitaion of VC?

Please reply for this asap.

Regards,

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

First Way is-->

1) First publish your model to portal by creating work set and role as specified in following link.

2) Create one transport package in the working folder.

3) Add all the model components to newly created transport package. Also add the all the systems which are used by model.

4) Create EPA file.

5) Import EPA file in new server where you want to transfer your model.

6) Don't forgot to assign System Alias to systems.

You can see your application in new portal server. (Not the model)

Other way is Export your model using VC itself

1) Click on Model-->Export to file. GML file is created. Save it.

2) Import that GML file on new Server.

for this , you have to create your system again in new server

Let me know if you have problems.

Thanks,

Prashant

Award points for useful answer

Edited by: Prashant Jagdale on Feb 26, 2008 12:38 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nutan,

did you use the same system alias? If not you have to enter the same system alias or you have to use the alias manager in VC and rename the alias for all your services to the corresponding system alias.

You also have to check the user permissions.

Best Regards,

Marcel