cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**URGENT** Deplyment error while using service reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Landscape service to get the system information from system landscape directory. I added the service reference inside my web dynpro application using NW studio. When I deploy this service I get following error:

-

Oct 21, 2005 3:06:16 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] WARNING:

[023]Deployment finished with warning

Settings

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/sam/LOCALS1/Temp/temp61301XYZ_Web_Dynpro.ear

Result

=> deployed with warning : file:/C:/DOCUME1/sam/LOCALS1/Temp/temp61301XYZ_Web_Dynpro.ear

Finished with warnings: development component 'XYZ_Web_Dynpro'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.10.21.15.05.52':

Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application local/XYZ_Web_Dynpro and wait. Reason: Clusterwide execption: server ID 7099050:<Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID=' STATUS_MISSING', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key STATUS_MISSING', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID=' STATUS_MISSING', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key STATUS_MISSING

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

-

I wrote a sample iView without using dynpro & added the service reference as "landscape" inside the portalapp.xml & that iView worked fine.

So I know that the service name is correct & the service is running on the portal.

All I need to find out is how do I specify the reference of that service in my web dynpro application.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on your project -> Properties -> Web Dynpro references -> on sharing reference tab click "Add" and add the following:

PORTAL:sap.com/<your service name>

Regards

Yoel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the SAME problem

I tried putting PORTAL:sap.com/<your service name> in the sharing reference as well as in the service reference. But I still get the error during deployment.

I also tried putting it in "service referece". Same error.

I also tried just sap.com/<your service name>. But it didn't help either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do you call your service in your code?

Which kind of service is it?

Regards

Yoel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The service is called "landscape". This service lets you query system landscpae objects. I have used this exact code in a plain iView & it worked fine. Problem is I am able to configure the landscape service within web dynpro application. i am able to compile my code.

Here is the code

ILandscapeService service =

(ILandscapeService)

PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService(

ILandscapeService.KEY);

;

IEPSystem system = service.getEPSystem("sapTest");

LOG.debug("Repo name = " + system.getAttribute

("RepoName"));

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may should try that:

Right click on project -> java build path ->libraries ->add external jars and add your service (jar) to the list.

It seems that some resource is missing for your project.

Hope its help

Regards

Yoel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already have that jar in the class path. Any other comments/suggestions?