cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing doc not released to accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

What can be the reasons that a billing document is not automatically released to accounting?

I know one reason - that is when there is a posting block assigned to the billing document type .

Plz correct me if I am wrong with the above reason,and plz provide if there can be other reasons as well.

Thanks.

Edited by: Shamik Sengupta on Feb 25, 2008 4:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to FS00 (Edit G/L Account) and assign a cost element to it in Edit Cost Element tab. Based on the name given to this G/L account you could correctly determine which category under which you could create it as a cost element.

Go to VF02, try clicking on the green flag and the system would throw an error.

Anaylze the error and try out transactions OKB9, VKOA to find out whether you have correctly maintained your entries.

Try running transaction FS00 and see whether the G/L accnt used for determination is valid in that particulat Company Code.

Sometimes the error could also be because the G/L accnt might required to be created as a cost element.

Let me know what is the error that you are getting. We can then propose a solution.

Reward if helpful

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Thanks but when I click on the "Edit cost Element" tab there's a message displayed - "Edit Cost Elements is only possible for P/L accounts".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamik,

When you go to FS00 and enter your G/L account , under type./description tab you will see its a balance sheet account.

Cost elements are only applicable for P & L statement accounts.

Try going to VF02 and enter your invoice number and click on the green flag to release to accounting, and see what standard error SAP throws back.

Depending on that we can solve your query.

Reward if helpful

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

when i try to release it by clicking the green flag , the error message thrown up is-

"Valuation with material cost estimate:error with product(Material no)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to VA02 and take the material used in the order and go to MM02 and maintain entries in Accounting 1 tab.

When you go there, maintain Valuation Class and do F1 and click on key sign and say "Continue without specfying project" and select valuation class and assignment and maintain entries there

Try taking help of MM consultant with the same.

I am sure this should solve the problem

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. Check if the Customer is a Foreign Customer....you have maintained the Mode of Transport method....ie)you have maintained all Foreign Trade Export Datas correctly...

Reward if useful

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamik,

You are right.

And there are other blocking reasons for Billing

documents ,like check terms of payments,prices incomplete,

calculation missing,etc.

You will find them under,

SPRO>IMG>Sales and distribution>Billing>Billing documents

>Define Blocking reason for Billing.

In case of queries ,revert back.

Thanks,

Umesh.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

>Check the Revenue account dtermination settings in the IMG> Sales and Distribution -->Basic functions --> Acount assignment / cposting --> Revenue account dtermination.

> You can able to see the account determination analysis in the VF02 , enter your billing document go to Environment>Acc.determination.analysis--> revenue account.

I hope it will help you

Thanks,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

a)when revenue acc determination is not configured properly

b) when the required master data is missing either on customer or material side.

c) incase of any errors.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see the various reasons for your query in the billing doc. header > posting status dropdown list.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Hrishi