cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are no translations in the Java DDIC runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

while developing web dynpro applications, I noticed that error messages weren't translated correctly (even if I assigned the correct language to the user), but they all were in german.

After a little research I found out that the library "SapDictionaryTypesRuntime.jar" (responsible for showing user messages) does not contain translated *.properties files. I also found SAP notes (i.e. 977425) which suggest to replace the above mentioned library with a new one containing all translated files. Unfortunately, I didn't find the updated library for version 7.0 SP12, but I replaced the library.

Now the messages are correctly translated, but I realized that the portal does not work correctly as before. I replaced again tha library with the original one, but the malfunctioning still remains. Does anybody know what happened?

Thanks for your time, I'm waiting for your replies!

Nicola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok guys, the problem is solved

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicola,

Post your solution here so that it helps other as well in future.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

you're right, here's the solution: I think that the Portal was caching some wrong information about the user, so I created a new user with the same Portal Role and than the page was correctly showed. Probably, it would have been better if I had cleared the user cache, but I didn't know how to do that. Anyway, now the Portal is working well.

Best Regards

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

the problem is different. After replacing the library "SapDictionaryTypesRuntime.jar" messages are displayed in the correct language, but it seems like something in the Portal has been broken...(for example, the Masthead doesn't show the picture anymore and strange tooltips appear on the page...). That bad working remains, despite the replacement of the original library. Hope somebody could help me

Thank you

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

U need to make in changes for language translations in the .xlf files. For this, u need to go to click on Navigator tab, open the src->packages folder. Everything in the project ,like its component controller, message pool, views, etc will have their respective .xlf files. Xlf files are identified by blue icons.

U have to make a copy of the existing xlf file, and paste it there only changing the name.

Now there is a specific naming culture for the copied xlf file.

Suppose u have a view called View1.wdview.xlf. By default this is the default language (in most cases EN). Suppose u want to translate the texts of UI elements into japanese.

U have to rename the copied xlf file as

View1.wdview_ja.xlf

Then double click on this to open this xlf file.

Here you will find 2 tabs: Header and Resource Text.

Click on the Header tab and change the source language to Japanese from the dropdown.

Then click on the Resource Text tab.

Refer the Resource Name from the original Xlf file and replace the corresponding Text with the Japanese text. Close and Save the Xlf file.

U have to do this for all the xlf files leaving that of the component controller.

But take care to check the Resource Name with the original Xlf before replacing it with the Japanese text.

Now in the browser window, (IE) open Tools->Internet Options. Then click on Languages button. Then click on the Add button and select Japanese[ja]. Then click Move Up and continue clicking it until the Japanese appears on the top.

Then Apply the changes.

Please note that we code the code 'ja' for japanese from here only.. Japanese[ja]. similarly for Portuguese its pt, for Spanish its es, etc.

So if u want to translate to Portuguese, u should rename the xlf files with code pt... for example View1.wdview_pt.xlf.

Rebuild the project. And Deploy.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh