Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one issue and looking for your help guys

Is it technically possible for Commitment Cost to appear in project only after full Release of PR ?

I am ready to use any enh'ment or any other thing which help me out to bring my commitment cost after release of PR.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Srinivas' gut feel is correct.

You can achieve the functionality using release strategy.. Methodology is described in SAP Note:716735 , relevant parts of which are reproduced below:

"Symptom

The commitment from purchase requisitions is always generated if you create or change a purchase requisition even if the purchase requisition was only held or was not yet released.

Other terms

ME51, ME52, ME54, ME51N, ME52N, ME53N, ME54N,

ME_COMMITMNT_PARKING, short dump, commitment

Reason and Prerequisites

This corresponds to the previous design.

Solution

Depending on the type of the backup (holding or posting) and the release status of the purchase requisition, BAdI 'ME_COMMTMNT_REQ_RELE' (SAP use) and BAdI 'ME_COMMTMNT_REQ_RE_C' (can be used by customer) can transfer the control of the commitment generation:

1. When you choose pushbutton 'check', the system also transfers held purchase requisitions to the commitment interface for checking if no other condition prevents this (release).

2. The dependencies of the release status are equal during posting and checking. It can happen that an error from the commitment interface can prevent the release of the purchase requisition and that this error had not been reported before since the commitment check was not carried out.

3. The BAdI does not have any effects on:

• posted purchase requisitions which are not subject to any release strategy,

• posted purchase requisitions which are subject to a release strategy and which have been released for purchase orders,

• purchase requisitions that have an order history (eban-bsmng > 0).

4. First, SAP-specific BAdI 'ME_COMMTMNT_REQ_RELE' is run and then customer-specific BAdI 'ME_COMMTMNT_REQ_RE_C'. The SAP-specific BadI, however, can prevent that the customer-specific BAdI is called.

The system prevents holding purchase requisitions during the release.

This enhancement is only available via Support Package.

Correction

Instruction Valid

from Valid

to Software

Component Type *) Ref.

Correction Last

Modifcation

470 470 SAP_APPL C P6BK134417 12.05.2004 11:03:33

The thread may be closed , if the requirement is met.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel control of commitment at PR level may not be possible. I am not absolutely sure about it.

I quote below from an SAP note which delas with the subject.

Quote:

"Symptom

You can use ME21, ME21N or the PO_CREATE1 BAPI to create a network activity-assigned purchase order or a WBS element-assigned purchase order, even though the account assignment object has not been released yet.

(For example, the system status is CRTD, because the budget that is defined for the WBS element has not been authorized yet.)

As a result, a commitment is created, which may not be required.

Other terms

Account assignment, network, project, commitment, purchase order, PReq

Reason and Prerequisites

This problem is due to the application design.

Solution

If the described system response is unacceptable, you can change it using the following workarounds:

1. In PS:

o In Customizing, create a user status profile with a user status. The new user status must forbid the "RMBE" business transaction (purchase order for material).

o When you create a WBS element (network activity), the user status must automatically be set to "Active".

o When the WBS element is released, this status must automatically be deactivated.

In order to generate a purchase order, start Transaction ME21 or ME21N and call the status check modules. If the user status does not allow the business transaction, a corresponding error message is generated.

2. Alternatively, you can comment out the EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 user exit on MM-PURE. Your source code must check the status of the WBS element. I f the WBS element is not released, an account assignment can be forbidden.

Header Data

Release Status: Released for Customer

Released on: 17.02.2006 11:49:02

Priority: Recommendations/additional info

Category: Consulting

Primary Component: PS-MAT-PRC Procurement

Secondary Components: CO-OM-OPA-A Master Data

PS-MAT Material

Quote ends>

However, this also will work, to the best of my knowledge, for PRs and POs created directly from MM function account assigned to N/W or WBS.

Hope this throws better light on the issue.

Muraledharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I was aware of commitment control using release strategy for purchase order .

I didn't know, it was applicable for purchase requisition as well.

Please give reference to any SAP note or any other document.

Alternatively, you could send it to my mail ID:murali_kangazha@yahoo.com

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muraleedharan

PDF in the note 207490 explains the configuration. I had this gut feeling that RS at PR level would have effect on commitments, I haven't tried it.

Worth exploring or can be confirmed by an MM consultant.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, NO!!

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Muraleedharan

This answer I'm also aware of

but I'm looking for somthing +ve from experts side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternative is that you can use Release Strategy of MM here.

You can create PR's but unless they are released, commitments wouldn't appear against the project.

Regards

Sreenivas