cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

in item category (afn) there is a field called complete reference.

kindly explain me about the difference about item is completed with first reference,.

item is completed after item is completed after full quantity, has been referenced target quantity has been referenced,

what is the use of movement type 1 in schedule line category?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This particular field explains about how the status of item after copyingfrom one document to another document?

Ex: If the item completed with first reference;

This means if u copy an item from inquiry to quotation, even a partial quantity is copied, status of item will be completed instead of partially referenced.

2)item is completed after item is completed after full quantity

Here item wiill reach a complete status only after the full qty is copied from source to target document.

3) has been referenced target quantity has been referenced

Here item will reach a complete status only after the target (quotation) document qty is further completely processed.

the use of movement type 1 in schedule line category is an alternate movement type is used in case of certain business scenarios like intercompany stock transfer(1 & 2 step process)

Ex: Please refer the schedule line category of NC (643 & 645)

Hope it is useful

Reward points if useful..

Hope it is useful..

Edited by: Kaleeswaran on Feb 25, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

completed with first reference,.suppose if ur creating an oreder with reference to quaotaion if u set (A) the quotation has 100 quantity if u refer only 10 quantity, even the open quantity is 90 system sets compete status fo rthat quotation. completed)

item is completed after full quantity has been referenced (B) in the above example is completd with first reference but in this case it will be closed until the full quantity is referenced i.e.,until 100 qty is completed.

item is completed after the target quantity is fully referenced, (C)

In this option the Quotation status will be shown as compleated after creation of the Delivery document for 100 qty for that sales order (which was created with reference to that quotation).

And regarding the movement type one stepis it will be used in the stock transfers, i.e, that particular material has two movement types.

Regards,

kishore.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Divya,

Iam trying to explain little bit

Based on this field selection the completion status of the Quotation will be depend.

1.completed with first reference,. Regarding this option (A)

If Quotation having QTY 100 but you create sales order for 50 QTY with reference to that quotation the document flow shows for quotation completed (If You create sales order with any qty of that Qotation that will completed)

2.item is completed after full quantity has been referenced (B)

In this option the Quotation status will be shown as compleated after creation of the sales order for 100 QTY.

3.Item is completed after the target quantity is fully referenced, (C)

In this option the Quotation status will be shown as compleated after creation of the Delivery document for 100 qty for that sales order (which was created with reference to that quotation).

I hope I will make you clear

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI divya

this is with ref to your question this particular senaria if the system has to ref -previous document like when you create sales order the system will check previous doc if that doc no if you give than only it will copy the entire previous document.

for that we will set item category vov7 complection rule. in that there is there rules 1) it will check coplete document 2) it will check previous doc quantity.

i will tell you the sales cycle 1) customer will order to the company. is called enquiry

2) based on customer request company will prepare the quation so and so quantity so and so rate.

3) now when you create sales order what ever company promised to the customer (in quation) that price that quantity has to provide the the order.

4) for the with out refering that docment we just give the ref-that docment in the sales order so that the system will verify previous docment and same quantity.

for that we will do setting in vov7 complection rule and at same time we do copy control sales doc sales docment

i hope this information will help you grete extent.

if rewards points is there good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

When a reference document is created with item category having completion rule as " Item is completed with the first reference", in that case you cannot create a reference document again.

Also say u have document with 100 items and you created an reference document with 80 items, then you can still create a document for 20 more items when you maintain "Item is completed after full quantity has been referenced".

Hope u find this helpful.

Dont forget to reward points for contribution

Regards

Ravi