cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD: Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I define a plant like a sold to party? And also like a vendor?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear cmm

Yes you can.

Assume you want a plant ABC to create as a customer and vendor as well, first go to XD01 and create the plant with Sold to party

Similarly, to treat as a vendor, go to XK01 and create the plant as a vendor.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Can I define a plant like a sold to party? And also like a vendor?

>

> Thanks in advance

HI CMM,

Yes you can create plants as Customers and Vendors.

Generally this is done in Stock Transport Orders.

In such cases there are Plants who sell and plants who purchase.

Now when a plant is selling it has to be defined as vendor (As in SAP we sell via Vendors) this is when we define plants as Vendors.

We follow exactly the same method as defining any Normal vendor Using XK01 (however a naming convention which make it easy to differentiate plant vendor from Normal Vendor is recommended)

Similarly a plant which is buying from a plant is treated and hence created normally as a customer using XD01.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Defination of plant :

Plant : An organisational unit within logistics, subdivides an enterprise from the viewpoint of production, procurement and materials planning.

There is no fun in making every sold to party and Vendor as plant.

Please explain your requirement in details for better explanation.

Reward points if this helps.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

In my scenario I have a plant that sell products and buy products from another plant.

So, If I have a plant who sell the products what I have to consider as a sold to party?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh

In reply to your comments "There is no fun in making every sold to party and Vendor as plant", I beg to highlight that our friend cmm is asking whether PLANT can be treated as a Customer and Vendor as well. I think you have misunderstood the same.

Moreover, I felt this comments as little bit harsh and rather expressed politely. You should also not to expect all the members posting questions in this forum are expert. My request is that be polite in your replies as much as possible.

Meanwhile, I once again wish to confirm that you can create a plant as a customer and vendor as well where you need to make STO through SD process.

I am sure, you know very well that if we want to do STO through SD process, the plants should be treated as a customer and vendor.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear cmm

As I suggested earlier, you can very well create plants (supplying plant and receiving plant) as a customer and vendor.

In STO process, there are two ways, one is MM method and the other one is SD method.

If you follow MM method, then there is no need to treat the plants as a customer and vendor. But if you want to follow SD process, then my first suggestion will hold good.

Moreover, if you are going to follow MM method, you should take into consideration at what rate the supplying plant will supply the material and at what rate the receiving plant will do MIGO.

For information, sometime back, we were also following MM method for STO process and due to CENVAT accounting problem, we had to change to SD process. Check with your FI guy for more FI implications.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support and for your understanding the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I can't give you points. I didn't know that I can give point only once. (10 points)

Now what I can do??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem dear cmm - you have already awarded maximum points and thanks for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plants are usually defined by Material Management consultants.

In SPRO - Enterprise Structure - Definition - Logistics General - Define, Copy, Delete, Check Plant.

You can create a plant and under assignment you have to assign it to your company code and also in case of SD module to your sales organization and distribution channel.

Hope you find it useful. If you have any more queries, let us know.

Dont forget to reward points for contribution.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No!!!!

Plant is part of enterprise structure which has interlinkages with all logitics modules like SD,MM, PP, PM, QM,PS and FI/CO as well. It is the very foundation of Logistics /FI/CO configuration.

Customer (Sold -to -Party) is a master data with limited impact.

Muraleedharan.R