cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor multiple systems from same ADM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have reviewed other posts, but they appear to not cover this variation.

I have one host with three single host instances on it (DEV, QA, and ADM). I additionally have a seperate dual host install, PR1, which also has an ADM instance on the agate server.

Both ADM instances are working fine to monitor ITS instances on the same hardware.

Can I modify the ADM on the single host install system to also monitor the PR1 instance?

I have looked at ITSRegistryWgate.xml on the single host install, both with wgate.config and wordpad without success. It appears that the DocumentRoot statement is looking for a local c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SID directory on the local machine which of course does not exist.

Regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Russ,

from your info it is not clear if you have one or two wgates, I assume the latter (since you mentioned docroot problems).

First of all it must be clear that when there is no physical ADM near the wgate (e.g. dual host) then the mimes cannot be accessed through the ADM, see:

729916 Admin will not display information mime files for dual host.

597981 Mime Files can not be displayed through ItsAdmin.

Then to the monitoring question, there are two ways to monitor foreign AGates:

1) use the ADM proxy see note

811339 Proxy ADM for access to instances on foreign hosts.

2) trick the wgate configuration so that the foreign agates are displayed, the ADM left side overview is an extract of the wgate configuration.

You can put dummy Agates in both your wgate configurations, i.e. the Agates are not effective/not reachable through the wgate BUT appear in the ADM overview.

e.g.

Instance DEV hosta

Instance QA hosta

Instance PR1 hostb

And a loadbalanced ADM on hosta and hostb

Instance ADM

AGate1 ADM hosta

AGate2 ADM hostb

If you access the ADM on hosta then PR1 is also listed with a "goto native" link. The overview will display info for all three agates but for information that is "local access" bound to PR1 you have to switch to the hostb ADM.

Regards,

Fekke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fekke,

Thanks for you response.

You are correct, there are two wgates.

I am working on setting up the ADM proxy on the single-host ADM. I pointed the host parameter to the dual-host agate server, the instance name ADM (which exists and is accessible), and the correct port, and type.

Test connection returns "ProxyADM error: An occured during network operation"

The last entry in trace agate0_sapxdgk.trc c

contains "Network packet too big".

Do the parameters I fed the ADM Proxy sound correct?

Is it normal to have to adjust the network parameters to get this working? Is there documentation on how large of a packet size must be permitted for ADM Proxy?

Best regards,

Russ Brooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Russ,

check the port again, it should be the AGate port of the ADM instance, it is probably a logical name in your wgate configuration.

Get the port from C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services or /etc/services for "sapavw00_ADM".

I did a quick check on your situation and the test shows that the data in the overview is displayed only when an instance is loadbalanced.

These are the steps:

• The above proxy should show a "green" connectivity.

• loadbalance the ADM instance on hosta and hostb

• Add a dummy URL (non existing host, port or url) that points to instance PR1 (added in the next step)

• Add a PR1 instance with two AGates in it, I used twice the foreign agate since there is no local one.

Voila, the information appears in the Overview (twice since the agate is duplicated)

Up to you to see if the configuration is also working with one dummy agate for PR1. Also do not forget to enumerate the Agates when you edit the XML directly.

Regards,

Fekke