cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU10 - Upload from clipboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When want to do mass changes on long list of user ids, i will use SU10, the problem with SU10 is it doesn't have the button to "Upload From Clipboard".

It only has 19 columns, that means if i were to perform changes on 190 users, i would have to copy and paste to SU10 screen 10 times.

This "Upload From Clipboard" feature is found in STMS and PFCG, but why not in SU10 ?

1.) How to use "Upload From Clipboard" in SU10 ?

2.) How to do mass changes for Reset Password ?

Thanks

Regards,

Kent

NW 2004S SR2 (Kernel 7.00 for OS/400)

ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC6)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Kent,

I figured it out. After reading these other fellow's posts I was still confused but dug around some on my own. Then I reread the posts and they made sense. (If that makes sense lol)

Anyway here is step by step.

Enter Transaction su10

There is a section titled "User Selection" click the "Authorization Data" button in this section.

Another screen pops up and in the section titles "Selection Criteria for User" There is a "User" field, with a text box to the right. Then to the right of that text box is an arrow.

Click that arrow.

Capture the list of users you want to use to the clipboard.

Click the icon that looks like a little clipboard.

Click the green check

Click the execute button.

Now a screen with the list of the users will appear.

Cick the select all icon in the top left.

Then hit the transfer button in the top left.

Your list is now in su10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendran,

Following your steps 3-5

In "Multiple Selection: User", there are 2 areas

1) Single Value: User

2) Range: User

with 4 buttons - Copy, Delete Entry, Delete All & Cancel, but no "Upload from Clipboard" button.

Hi Srihari Rao,

Your solution is a manual way. And that is what I have been doing before I manage to find the "upload from clipboard" solution.

Hi Waldon Smith,

Yup, this is what I want. You are the man. Thanks a lot.

And thanks to the rest also who have contributed in this thread.

Regards,

Kent

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find an answer for this ? It seems as though some people have a note applied or somthing that we do not.

patricio12
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Amigos, cual seri la nota a apicar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this is very old thread, but could not resist myself from answering.

> Kent SAP wrote:

>It only has 19 columns, that means if i were to perform changes on 190 users, i would have to copy and paste to SU10 screen 10 times.

No. This is as simple as pressing the "Enter key" after filling the 19 lines (19 entries/users). You will find vertical scrolling will be enabled. Scorll down for the next page and from there on you will have to copy 18 entries per page. You can perform the same for many users.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

How to insert multiple usernames in SU10:

This only works if you want to change all users in a range

Put all your usernames in excel and change the properties of the cells to "text" (if you have numbers as usernames). Sort the list from A-Z.

Go to SU10 and press F4 in an empty cell. Then press F2 in the "username" field. There you have an option to insert a range. Insert the first and last username in your excel file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Very useful method for making mass changes in range unfortunately not a solution for my problem.

Really no solution for pasting or uploading long list of selected user ID (not in range) from excel or clipboard ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC6.0, we have multiple userid upload from clipboard option,

Steps

-

1.Goto SU10

2.On the blank "User" field press "F4"

3.In the new popup window "Restrict Value Range" , default tab "Users by address data", Press the Multiple Selection(=>) button adjacent to User field.

4. Another window "Multiple Select for User" pops-up.

5.You will find icons "Import from Text File" and "Upload from Clipboard" in window "Multiple Select for User"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kent,

Su10 has upload from clipboard in it. Goto SU10. Click on any first blank field under column User. Do an F4. A pop up would come. Now go for Mutiple selection option for users i.e click on right arrow icon in front of field for USER.In the next pop up click on the green coloured icon for Import from Text File(ShiftF11). Finally you will get a pop up that would allow you to upload from clip board (CTRLSHIFT+F1).

Mass password change cannot be done via SU10. Please use CATT or E-CATT utility for that purpose. Create on basis of recording of SU01 transaction.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I follow as below

1.) SU10

2.) click on first blank field in column User.

3.) F4

4.) A pop up screen appears, this screen is a list of users. Depends on which tab i click on top, it can display users by address data, logon data, profiles, by roles etc.

The second column in the screen is the "User Name" column, the first column is a check box, allows me to tick the ID that i want to select then i can click on the Copy button to copy them to SU10 screen.

But don't see any Multiple Selection option for users screen that you have mentioned.

pls advise.

thanks

regards,

Kent

Environment

ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Under the tab Users by Address data you will the input field for users. Don't you see an icon for mutiple selection options there i.e a right arrow icon?

If not then do the following. For the main menu bar select HELP>Settings>F4 Help. Under Display choose Dialog(modal) and then press enter. After this is done try SU10 once again.

Also I think when you reach the first pop up for Users by Address data you are pressing enter. Please dont do that instead go to mutiple selection option.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

For the main menu bar select HELP>Settings>F4 Help. Under Display choose Dialog(modal) and then press enter. After this is done try SU10 once again.

After doing this, all the tab options are not available. Then I have changed it back to default.

Don't you see an icon for mutiple selection options there i.e a right arrow icon?

Nope.

Actually, under the Users by Address data Tab, the screen is split into 2, up and down. The first part of the screen allows me to key in the User, Last Name, First Name, Department, .. etc

Whereas in the second screen, it lists out all the users IDs according to the fields available in first screen. And in first column are all the boxes for me to tick to select IDs that I want to select.

In first screen, I don't see the Yellow Right Arrow button next to the User field. But at the button of this first screen, there is an icon, when i moved my mouse on it, it says "Multiple Selection". The picture of the icon is like a tree with 3 branches pointing up in 3 different colors , red, yellow and blue.

When clicked on this Multiple Selection button, a screen pops up with 2 sections,

a.) Single Value: User

b.) Range: User

In the sections I will need to put in the value and there is button for me to choose the ranges i.e Include Single Value, Include Not Equal To .. etc.

It seems that your screen and mine are different. I'm using ECC6.

Has Upload From Clipboard feature been removed from SU10 in ECC6 version ?

pls advise.

thanks.

regards,

Kent

Environment

ERP 2005 SR2 (ECC6)