cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA element PrintButton

Former Member
0 Kudos

During my search of creating a Print Button (should print out a hardcopy of the WD page) if found the element PrintButton.

Sounds good, but is a container. Unfortunately I did not find any documentation, so how is this being used - and is it what the name implies?

Any hints, has somebody already used it?

We are on WebAS 7 SPS 12.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Everyone once in a while a UI element that is a work in progress or just a prototype does accidently slip through in a support package. This looks to be the case with the print button - and it just renders as a ViewUIElementContainer.

A while back I helped some ERP colleagues create a Printer Dialog as a resuable Web Dynpro Component. The process really isn't very difficult. This only captures the printer settings however. It doesn't acutally perform the printing. For that you would still need to use Adobe Forms, SmartForms or force List Output.

I do have a class that I wrote for BSP that allows you to background print any internal table (via the ALV formatter). It doesn't require any connection to Adobe Document Services. It works just fine in Web Dynpro ABAP as well. If you are interested, I can send you the class. Just drop me an email (visible in my SDN Business Card).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question timed out and closed