cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot deploy caf java component

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have just deployed the java support stack but get the following error when trying to deploy the caf component

===========================================================================

Deployment started Mon Feb 25 09:37:12 GMT 2008

===========================================================================

Starting Deployment of caf/UI/ptn/common

Aborted: development component 'caf/UI/ptn/common'/'sap.com'/'MAIN_APL70VAL_C'/'1220264'/'2':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/cafUIptncommon.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/cafUIptncommon. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/cafUIptn~common. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment of caf/UI/ptn/common finished with Error (Duration 5625 ms)

i have checked in visual administrator in deploy and everything is started.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Undeploy the existing CAF files and do the same again after you upgrade your sp's as mentioned in SAP NOTE.

Also please check this as well .. may help you in resolving the issue.

--> Try to down load CAF files again.

There is chance of Corrupted deployment file as well.

Regards

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did what sap note 1010640 says, undeploy cafuiservice browser and then redeploy CAF. This still did not work and i got the error regarding ptn.common

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following the above note tt worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a known issue. Just do a search on SAP to pull the OSS note which describes how to install CAF component, and then redeploy.

Same question has also been answered several times here on SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in VA if you two applications of same name or try to undeploy and redeploy the application in VA which is causing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Undelpoy all CAF files related through SDM and redeploy again.