cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sendmail to external address

lizheng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey guys, we are working on send email from sap to internet address. Now we have finished the configurations on sap side(we create the rfc destination, create an internet node in t-code "scot",create the send mail job.etc.).

We are using exchange 2003 as our internet mail server and our SAP 46c is on windows platform.Our plan is to get email from R3 46c and relay it (using sendmail on a linux host) to exchange 2003. But sendmail is so complicated that I just cannot may it work well as a email relayer.

If any of you have experience in this case please help me ,I'll be very grateful.

(I need the simplest way to configure sendmail to relay email from r3 to exchange 2003.)

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a program called SMTPSend for Windows 2000, NT , Win95 and Win98 that sends

messages from the command line or from batch files to an SMTP address.

It comes in the form of an exe (SMTPsend.exe) that simply needs to be pasted in a location on your server. The path and command line of SMTPsend.exe has to be provided in the configuration file mailgw.ini.

However, I am myself facing some problems in setting the mail gateway through this file. In the trace file of the mail gateway (traceout.txt) I'm getting an error "Error when calling sendmail. Return value: 1".

Could anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Priyanka

lizheng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Help! Can any one give me a simplified manual about "install sendmail and configure it to relay email".

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i remember configuration is exactly the same... you may need the sap exchange connector.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Setup SAP to send mails is a relatively easy task... just configure the SMTP node at SCOT following SAP help document,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Then ask you Exchange Admin to grant SMTP relay permissions for you SAP Server (IP Address) and that should be it.

Regards

Juan

lizheng
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan!

The help document you gave me is for netweaver system, ours is R/3 46C.

I'm afraid only kernel above 610 support SMTP plug-in, please refer to note 594428.

Our email server is exchange 2003.

Regards

Zheng Lee

Edited by: Zheng Lee on Feb 26, 2008 2:48 AM