cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock in transit damage

Former Member
0 Kudos

in sto scenario after delivery & pgi has made.the goods has damaged entirely in transit.how can i show this in sap.value of the destroyed material should posted in to a/c's as loss to the company.&what is the further process.pl explain .it's urgent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

STO...deliver ..... pgi... now stk in transit ... do the GR at reciving plant against deliver doc...

now stock in reciving plant ...from this plant u can do the scrap MB1A ...enter costcenter ... and movt type 551... enter remaining fields ... post the material into scrap account ...

currently we following same procedure...so wee not having directly post to scrap from stock in transit

regards

sesidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

As per Mr.Lakshmipathi suggested to make return order by supplying plant : pls explain the process step by step.

Actually here my doubt is , is it possible to make return order without making MIGO by recieving plant.

Pls clrify.......

Edited by: YUGANDHAR REDDY on Jan 23, 2010 10:01 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is it possible to make return order without making MIGO by recieving plant.

Instead of doing MIGO, the plant which has originally supplied has to create a return order and against this return order, they will have to do a return delivery which is nothing but MIGO. By doing return delivery, the stock would be posted to QI for quality clearance. Of course, this depends on your movement type assigned to your schedule line category. This is standard SD process.

Alternatively, if you dont want to adopt this procedure but to follow MM procedure, then you can opt for MIGO. But the best method for customer returns would be creating a return order and then a return delivery.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have not told whether it is a Intra Company STO or Inter Company STO...

If it is Intra Comany STO...then Receive the Damaged Goods as it is at Receiving Plant and Scrap it...Close this STO...and Create Fresh STO...

If it is a Inter Company STO...then At Supplying plant cancel the delivery in VL09 and Create fresh Delivery and do the PGI...

Reward if useful

Regards

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a return delivery(RE) in va01 for the material and select damage in transit in order reason.

Regards

Subhajeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yughandhar,

GO to MB!A Transaction code, select movement type 551 and enter the quantity which you want to move in to scrap. This movement type takes care of all the valuation differences and posts a FI entry.

Reward if Helps you.

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no such t code pl check it & get me back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is MB1A (sorry previously it is exclamatory mark.) this is checked and gave to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello thank u for ur response.

but my problem is different .i dont want to post the scrap stock again in to plant.but i want the delivery should be closed.& make STO again.

there should be no open doc's for damaged goods in old STO.

Edited by: yugandhar reddy on Feb 25, 2008 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my understanding the flow will be like this:

STO>Delivery>PGI (from Delivering plant)>PGR(Receiving Plant).> Transfer to Scrap(As it is found as damaged in transit and has to be posted in to scrap).

If this is the right process, what ever i said is correct. If the flow differs let me know.

Thanks,

Venkat Cheedalla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear yugandhar

Without accounting the damaged value, how will you regularise in system??

So in order to regularize, you have two options. One is either the supplying plant will create a return order and do PGR or the receiving plant will do MIGO and then reject. But the first option is widely followed. In fact, from audit point of view also, this is a foolproof method

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

the process u said is right.but here PGR is not happen.they left the stock inthe damaged place itself(assume its a accident.)