cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount in adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am Creating the Table in Adobe Forms.I have a filed called Amount.It is the taking value "0.00' as default.I don't want this value in the amount field.I want blank field in the amount.

How can i get this.

This is very urgent.Please Give me the answer.

I will reward points.

Thanks,

Swapna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep ,

In my table I have 4 rows and 2 columns.In the 4 the row i have Amount Field which is (DMBTR) .It has value "0.00".

You have given the syntax.

wdContext.currentContextElement.get<contextElement>().toString(" ");

I modified the syntax like this

My field name is DMBTR.

I am passing like this in the "INITIALIZATION "event in the 4 th row of the table.

wdContext.currentContextElement.get<DMBTR>().toString(" ");

Is it correct .

Or I have to pass anything in the currentContextElement and in the wdContext .

Actually in which event i need to pass.

Am i doing correct.otherwise please correct me where am i doing mistake.

Thanks,

Swapna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per your syntax which is not correct, it must be giving u error

wdContext.currentContextElement.get<DMBTR>().toString(" ");

try write:

wdContext.currentContextElement.getDMBTR().toString(" ");

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I have placed with your syntax in the Initialization event .Still its not displaying.

Is it correct to be written in the Initialization event.

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I am getting error like this :-

'WdContext.currentContextElement.getDMBTR().toString(" ")' is unknown.

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want an incoming data to string you have use wrapper classes

for integer:

Integer.toString()

in your case,

String str_value = Integer.toString(wdContext.currentContextElement().getDMBTR());

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Can you provide me the wrapper class. Can you provide me the code also for this wrapper class.

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

I have one clarification.I have one field called amount.Its value is taken as 0.00 from the table. I have to make it as blank.I have made it as blank to that field in display pattern properties by setting as * in adobe designer. This is suitable for print form. In case of interactive form how can this be done to achieve the functionality.If the value is given from the other side to the amount value its not taking since in display pattern it has been set as *.Can you help me out in this issue.

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep ,

Thank you so much for your reply. I placed the syntax as u said but it is not working for me .In the Context Element do i need to pass the Amount field variable or anything i need to place.

Thanks,

Swapna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes exactly you have to pass amount field variable in place of Context Element

bcoz this is varible which is to be displayed with null value in table

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep.

Thanks for your reply.Actually my requirement is i am drawing the table by using ADOBE Designer .My content is in the XML format in the presentation server .I am uploading the data into the

table which is designed in Adobe Designer through the data connection . In the XML format the value of the field is "0.00" when i need to see the output of the of the table in the adobe designer the amount field should be in blank.

Please give me reply soon.Please this is very urgent.

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapna you can try with the following syntax

wdContext.currentContextElement.get<contextElement>().toString(" ");

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

make the Data type of Amount Column as String in your data source and type cast all the values to this string in wdInit().

Regards,

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

Can you tell me in which event to write the code and what is the code to be written .Can you please explain me in detail so that i can work it out.

Thanks,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can write this code in wdInit() of your iview to initialize the values at runtime.

you change data type of your value attribute to string and in initialization just pass null parameters to required context element as you are passing to get 0.00 value.

In string when you pass null it will display blank instead integer shows null value as 0.00

In wdInit() try this to make required context element null

wdContext.currentContextElement.set<contextElt>(" ");

Mandeep Virk