cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFolder authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got problems regarding authorizations in competitive scenario (Cfolders rel. 3.10)

After creating public area I force 'Read' authorizations for bidders to permit the buyer to send them e-mails. (bid invitations - fcode publish - I use CFX_ACO_API_ACTIVITIES_SET and RESET functions)

But... when the bidder make his collaborative area, he inherits all the authorizations in this private area, including the other bidders. I've tried in several mode to remove and manage the authorizations with BADI BBP_CFOLDER_BADI / COL_WORKAREA_CREATE_POST, but the system doesn't permit to change the sigle area dedicated to the bidder but only the public area.

CFX_API_AUTHORIZATION_CHANGE, CFX_ACO_API_ACTIVITIES_RESET and so on work correctly only with public area. Tables CFX_AREA has the same COL_ID for distinct AREA_ID of cFolders and the functions work only with COL_ID...

Can anybody help me ? Whatever suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you very much

Leonardo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing similar issues with cFolders.Please help me resolve them.

Requirement:

-

A user (who is neither a buyer/purchaser nor a vendor) has to be priovided authorization to view but not edit any public/private folders.

Solution (Tried by me):

-

In se37 I tried testing the Function modules CFX_ACO_API_ACTIVITIES_SET and RESET.

Testing was done using:

1. From transaction BBP_PD using BUS220 and the Bid invitation number I retrieved the GUID of the collaboration link.

2. Then I retrieved Public Area Id(also tried with COL_ID in the function module) from CFX_COL table using COL_ID = GUID(as mentioned above).

3. RFC destination created for cFolders

4. Appended the values for the table I_USER_ACTIVITIES by giving the user id and 'no_auth'/read/write(tried all the three authority options one by one).

There was no error message but it did not succeed in changing the authorization.

Thanks,

Swar.

Edited by: Swarim Vyas on May 23, 2008 7:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Did anybody got success in changing authorizations in cFolder using Function modules?

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Use competative scenario.

2) For public folder use guest user for user 1 and user2 and authorization as read

3) Then create work area ex:- Vendor 1 and Vendor 2

4) Select Vendor 1 and create authorization for user 1 as per need(Read,Write or admin).

5) Select Vendor 2 and create authorization for user 2 as per need(Read,Write or admin).

In this way u can create authorization for vendors and when vendors login they can view only their work area and not others.

This is all done at front end.

I think this will solve your problem.

If any need is req mail me

Regards

Abhijit Pachgade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you arte trying to give authorizations from Basis Roles.

For cFolder > Competitive sceanrio,,

Give user role from Basis and rest other authorizations need to be given by front end who has administration role.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps.

Reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to give roles from ABAP.

When the buyer creates a bid invitation, (in the publication fcode) I use an RFC (user with SAPALL) to SET or RESET the authorizations to the bidders (added or deleted by the buyer).

And that's all right... the bidders have the 'Read' authorization in the public area (cFolder) and the buyer can send them messages before their first acceptance.

When the single bidder accept the bid invitation and make an offer, with the creating of personal Collaborative Area in cFolder, I use BADI's method COL_WORKAREA_CREATE_POST, and with another RFC to cFolder system (the same user, with SAPALL) I try to manage the authorizations:

- with function BBP_CFOLDER_UI_FCODE_PROCESS the system creates collaborative work area, respecting the authorization logic write in SAP documentation, the work area inherits the authority from public area, giving to the other bidders the 'Read' authorization (and that is not correct)

- in BADI I try to remove the authorizations from the other bidders, but the system doesn't work correctly, because de function CFX_ACO_API_ACTIVITIES_RESET works correctly only with the object_id of public area.

- to force that situation I remove all the authorizations from the bidders in public area, but I would like to remove only the wrong authorization in private area, to permit the buyer to send message to the other bidders.

I hope to have clarify my situation.

Thank for your interest.

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its bit compicate to understand your requiremnts

are you giving read access to bidders to public folder.

What you can do is create private work areas for individual bidder and give access accordingly...

Niranjan

let me know if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you've understood.

the problem is to reset the authorizations inherited from public area ('Read' authorizations assigned to the bidders).

In the work area only the buyer and the owner (the bidder) must have access. Not the other bidders.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieved through competetive scenario. Public work area is accessed (Read) by all vendors. Then create work areas for each vendor. Give authorization to all vendors to their respective work areas so that others cannot view that.

For example, if you have two vendors like Vendor1 and Vendor2. Please do the following to create work areas to both the vendors.

1. Create users or usergroup for Vendor1 and Vendor2

2. Go to 'Competetive Scenarios' and click on the respective competetive scenario

3. In the home page of your competetive scenario, goto 'Work area' section and create two work areas as Vendor1 and Vendor2.

4. Open Work area 'Vendor1' and click on 'Authorizations' and add authorization for Vendor1. This work area cannot be shown to Vendor 2.

5. Do the step 4 for Vendor 2 also.

Regards,

Laxminarasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This has to be done from frontend.

There is no need to go for SAP Basis roles.

I feel you are using competitive scenario, only thing is to make some efforts to explore on authorizations...

You can use status approvals also... like for status bid submission everything is readable however, once the bid is submitted, status needs to be updated to bid submitted, the bid is only viewable to bidder and owner & not the other bidding parties..

Niranjan

Award if useful