cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of MI failed with CAB File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

hope you can help. I want to install the MI (7) Client on my PDA (WinCE 5). Creme is already installed but whenever I start the CAB File for the MI-client I get immediatly the error message "MI was NOT installed successfully"? No matter if I try the default CAB from SAP or my own one, I even tried a default MI2.5 Client CAB, everytime the same message... Just after I doulbe-click the CAB File I can see the "choose directory" - Window for about 1 second, than the error message occur...

I have seen the MI running on this device so basicly it should work, but obviously I am missing a tiny little thing that I should consider. Can one help?

Thx,

Enzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

I am a little surprised - cause this should work allways. Well, lets start basically: which exact version are you using?

I guess all you do is basically:

copy the cab file to the TEMP directory of the PDA and then double click it? Well, that should work.... Ok, send me the version number and I will have a look with that version on my device!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot:

I will play a little bit more with this topic after I solved my current show stopper (another thread...) and inform you about the outcome

BR,

Enzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

First of all my versions:

WinCE .NET 5

MI 7

I tried exactly the described way,

a) clean boot

b) install creme with the cab file from the flash disk -> works -> warm boot

c) install MI with the cab file from the flash disk -> error.

But by accident I encountered something:

As soon as there exists an MI directory in the handhelds root, the MI cab file works. No matter if there is any data in the file. Just make sure the directory exists... strange but....

Edited by: Enzo Kubika on Feb 25, 2008 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this will work, but you can try this.

UnInstall your creme.

Now get CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB and put in any folder in your device and also place the MI Client cab file there... ( I used MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB ) in the same folder.

Click on the creme to install it.

Soft reset your device.

Then click on the MI Client cab file to install it.

It should work. If it does do award me some points

Ankur

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

afaik installation with CAB-file does not work on CE 5.0. You will have to create the MI-folder manually on the device and copy the needed files into it. Then copy the MiServer.lnk into Windows\Startup, that should be all you need (besides installation of CrEme).

Regards,

Norbert