cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM-BI Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

the problem of conectivity MDM ABAP API still persist. I have given all the configuration parameters correctly and also i have made a allow.ip file and added the ip of server to be connected there and placed at the MDM SERVER at the right path. I have taken the restart of the server also.

I have already created the repository with the same name and made the same user id in MDM side.

But still i am getting the error : Server return code 0xFFAA0225: The connection is not trusted.

Can you plz provide with the solution because you have done the same thing.

Regards

Devinderpal yadav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devinder,

Could you please describe the systems and how they are set up ?

There are How-To documents on how to set up the allow.ip , user , repository definitions for mdm abap apis. These are available in mdm how-to documents section. I have generally seen people installing the required software on the NW ABAP stack.

Have you installed the mdm tech_add on software on your BI side and configured it ? Is the program calling the MDM ABAP API running on the BI side ?

I had issues with allow.ip file when I did not specify the file properly in the mdm.ini file. There was an extra space and it never recognized my allow.ip file. Then it gave me connection not trusted error. Once I removed the extra space, the file was recognized and the issue went away.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Siva K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devenderpal,

For your reference I am repating the steps in the connectivity through ABAP API's

1. DO all the configurations in MDMAPIC.

2. There should be a repository in MDM with the same name.

3. USER MAPPING should be done. Create a corresponding user in MDM.( For precaution try mentioning the password).

4.Place the ALLOW.Ip in the MDM Server.

After this the connection should be established. If you have already done the configurations, And if the same problem persists, then check whether you have taken care of the CASE( For ex. MDM repository name and the name that you have mentioned in MDMAPIC are in the same upper or lower case).

And if still same error comes, then check whether both the BI and the MDM server versions are compatible.

Hope it helps

Reward points if useful...

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Feb 25, 2008 6:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In answer you mentioned about the user mapping.What is that and how it is done. I have just created the same user in the MDM system which is going to access from the BI System.

Can you tell me about user mapping.I mean i am a bit confused.So please tell this things in detail.

Also you talked about the versions of MDM and BI. Can you plz tell how to compare both the versions and where to check it.How to check weather they are compatible or not.

Regards

Devinderpal Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In answer you mentioned about the user mapping.What is that and how it is done. I have just created the same user in the MDM system which is going to access from the BI System.

Can you tell me about user mapping.I mean i am a bit confused.So please tell this things in detail.

Also you talked about the versions of MDM and BI. Can you plz tell how to compare both the versions and where to check it.How to check weather they are compatible or not.

Regards

Devinderpal Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devenderpal,

I had connected ECC system with MDM server using ABAP API's.

Hence the steps that I have mentioned, helped me to establish the connection.

Regarding the USER MAPPING, the SY-UNAME (ECC user) has to be mapped with the MDM user. All I did was, I created a user in MDM with same user name as it was in ECC.

Also login password for that user in ECC, I mentioned against the user in MDM console. Hence I established the USER MAPPING. You will have to perform the similar steps in order to connect Bi and MDM.

And the Compatibility, the MDM tech ADDon that we have to get installed has to be in accordance with the MDM server. For help,You can go through the release notes - 975961 from SAP. ( This is for MDM 5.5.Sp04 version). For additonal help, please visit

[https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/notes]

Hope it helps..

• Please reward points if found useful..

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I do have exactly the same issue.

-- Allow.ip is set up,

-- users are in-sync,

-- MDMAPIC is checked,

-- even other repositories on the same

server with the same user-password

combination are working.

So it must have something to do with the repository settings.

Help...

Jutta

Edited by: Missale Jutta on Apr 21, 2008 5:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendrapal,

You are asking about user mapping it is not a big issue to get confuse about.

When we create a repository default user Admin with blank password get genereted in the user's table of MDM repository.

You log into the repository with Admin and create a new user ex ABC . Now dissconect the repository and try to connect with user ABC this time user name ABC will be mapped and get verified with the user ABC available in User;s table of repository and then only U will be able to connect to repository.

Same case is in MDM ABAP API ,Suppose you user name for BI is ABC and passwors is ******* When you create a repository using MDM ABAP API you must have an entry of user ABC in the User's table of the same repository U r trying to connect because you are logged in into BI with User ABC and trying to connect to repository through MDM ABAPAPI

so first create a repository and make an entry ABC as user in user's table of the repository and it must be in block letters.

Here a user mapping will be performed between the user name, you have created aloow.ip file so it is a trusted server connection so no need to pass password.

*******Also you talked about the versions of MDM and BI. Can you plz tell how to compare both the versions and where to check it.How to check weather they are compatible or not.*******

I dont think that there is any issue of versions of BI and MDM because for MDM ABAP API you need to install MDM_TECH Add-on patch that must be compatible to the MDM Server Version .

But Devendrapal as you haev mentioned that you are facing an error like "server error return code offx....."

this type of error occurs on ly when there is some problem with BI and MDM connectivity(check allow.ip file).

when there is any proble with versioning then an error like "crc check file not found will occure".

Hope it will clear you confusion.

Reward if helpfull.

Thanks,

Vinay Yadav