Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting view in Materials

former_member1042017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

Can anybody tell me ...Why accounting view is not maintained in some materials?? especially for service materials. Also explain can a service material have a moving average price?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accounting view in material master is maintained for those material which are made to stock.We can check all the fields in accounting view all are related to stock of materials.As in service u dont need to stock the material we dont need the accounting view.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Materials w hich are stockable and need to be valuated should have the Accounting view. If materials need not be valuated, nor to be stocked, then having an accounting view is not necessary. Hence for those kind of materials, ti is not maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As prashant said it accounting view are maintained for the stock materials only, because you need to know the valuation of the materials at any point of stock, where as service materials are non stock materials, where you will get revenue only when you perform service to the customers. But in case of stock materials even you do not sell your product you will have some value to it.

I hope you understood, reward if helps you.

Thanks,

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the materials which are maintained in stock will have accounting views activated. As there is not stock movements for service materials there is not accounting views maintained in service materials.

Prase