cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which user type to user for RFC receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I m developing XI scenarios which include RFC receiver chhanel (in IB: Integration Directory), to call a function moule in a R/3,

which kind of user should i use for this purpose, i mean to say,

which user type:

SYSTEM

Dialog

Communication

System

Reference

and what should be the roles of that user,

which type of the user doesnt gets locked, on wrong attempts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use dialog as well as system users for the same.

The deatail which is provided in the communication channel is used for login into R3 system or accessing the R3 system.

Refer the below detail for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

Thnx

Chirag.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user which you specify in the R/3 adapter mainly provides the login credentials to the adapter to the R/3.

It can be either

SYSTEM or Dialog

For that matter it can be any of these provides has necessary authorization....( developer roles). there is no restriction on which type of user has to be mentioned...manily in all the casess it will be an dialog user created that is used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally S_RFC and S_SERVICE authorizations are nedded while calling RFC module from R3. Also check for role S_RFC_ADM

The backend should have the authorization to execute the RFC on the backend.

You can test the module in R3 and create a role using PFCG assign the tcode - SU53 (authorization check) and also assign the S_RFC and S_SERVICE to role.

Refer

For RFC different authorization object is requried. You can ask your basis team to add the relevant authorization object in a new role and then add the new role to any existing service user or better create a new system user and add the role.

Thanks

swarup