cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete SAP*

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have one client to be deleted, unfortunately all super user id have been locked.

the only way to login to perform deletion is using sap*, understand that the id will be recreated after it is deleted.

pls guide how i go about deleting sap* id at database / os level.

tq

regards,

kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to be clear: sap* will not be recreated after its deletion! it's just not necessary for this sap* to have an account in order to login, for this sap* is hard coded into sap...so no user account = no authorization checks this is the main reason why sap* should not be deleted but deactivated

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AH,

Ok now I need access to my client of which the super users' passwords are all forgotten.

The password of SAP* has been changed and forgotten also. How do I access to the client now ?

tq

regards,

kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are able to login into other application client in your system then write one zreport with following query.

delete from usr02 CLIENT SPECIFIED where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = 'XXX'.

where XXX is your client where you are not able to login.

after execute the report login with SAP* and password 'pass'

make sure login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter have value 0 in your instance profile check with

RZ10.

if not create/change the parameter and restart the sap system.

i don't know how to execute this query from iseries console

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kaushal,

i checked the table usr02 in SE16, it only shows the entry of the client i login.

this table doesn't show cross client data ?

regards,

kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it is.

you can not show the other client data from SE16.

just write the z - report in any client and paste my query and just change the client number with XXX (i.e the client which all super ids are locked)

if you want to execute this query direct to AS400 you need i series navigator.

but query syntax is different.

connect to sap host with i series navigator now expand database and right click on database and click RUN SQl scripts.

now enter following query

DELETE FROM R3<SID>DATA.USR02 WHERE BNAME = 'SAP*' AND MANDT = 000;

where SID is your sap system id

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)