cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP/BPM Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where in, XI receives an IDoc, makes Webservice call and then sends an IDoc (IDoc->WS->IDoc). I am using a BPM to handle this scenario. My problem is the webservice call always fails.

The response from the webservice doesn't match with the structure provided by the webservice provider.

I also implemented another scenario, a simple non-BPM,

RFC<->SOAP. In this case, response from the webservice fine.

It is as specified by the service provider.

What I don't understand is the Communication channel for these 2 scenarios is same. How come the response is different?

Is there something in the request that is triggering this?

Thanks in advcance for your ideas or suggestions.

Sumant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumant,

As per your explanation it looks like the Async to Sycn brodge. You will be sending the IDOC to Webservice and then Webservice response is mapped with another IDOC. Ofcourse you need to handle it through BPM.

But can you tell me what steps you had followed for BPM.

I am sure you might have handled it in your BPM

Just to refer below steps in BPM

1. Receive step to get the IDOC in XI

2. Send step to send the message Synchonously to web Service

3, Receive step for synchornous response from Web Service

4. Send step to send the Response as IDOC to same R/3 system

This will give you the hint.

Also let us know the exact error you will be getting in it. You could monitor it from SXMB_MONI.

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I found the problem. The issue was with one the data elements in the Request XML. Once I corrected it, everything is working fine.

To find this data format error, I had to use "tcpgw" to look at the fault message.

Regards,

Sumant.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the Error details: it loooks the some tags are stucurtre getting exta or less...bascially they are not matching from the WSDL..