cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client copy duplicate product categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i delete duplicate product categories in SRM5.0? I have a set of Pcats from the client copy (cats pointing BE of the client that is copied) and another set of Pcats replicated from the backend after client copy with logical system pointng to BE. I want to delete the copied ones and keep the replicated ones,...I had similar problem (doem pointing to quality BE and some dev BE) with products but I manged to change the logical system through BDLS and COMM_PRODUCT table, but in COMM_CATEGORY table i can't change the system as it is duplicated.

Thanks,

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

You can very well delete the hierarchies and products that are not relavant.

For deleting products: Use SA38 txn. and run the report for COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_SINGLE , for deleting single product or COM_PRODUCT_DELETE_ALL for deleting all the products.

For executing this report COMC_PR_TOOL_REG table needs to be populated with the program name, user name and execution date using SE16 txn.

COM_HIERARCHY_DELETE_SINGLE report needs to be executed using SA38 txn. for deleting the Hierarchy that is material group or material type.

For deleting product categories which are not relavant use txn. COMM_HIERARCHY and in the change mode double click on R3MATCLASS and choose the concerned back end and select the category to be deleted and click on Dlete category tab.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in resolving your issue.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja